Antipodes 22K or AqualinQ?

Ricco275

VIP/Donor
May 22, 2023
Paris France
Currently my digital section is composed of MSB Discrete and a NUC.
I purely listen to Qobuz via Roon.
I don't have the chance to listen to Aqua LinQ and Antipodes K22.
Would the K22 deliver a superior sound and overall experience vs the LinQ?
I could get the LinQ at 35% less than the Antipodes.
Thank you for your advice.

Ricco275

VIP/Donor
May 22, 2023
Paris France
How are you connecting the nuc to the discrete at the moment?
Renderer V2 with both units connected to the network via Ethernet.

Last edited:

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
If I understand correctly the Render V2 is a network/Roon endpoint. In this design you are looking to replace the NUC with an Aqua LinQ or Antipodes K22. So you are replacing the Roon Server correct? What I would try is using the Aqua LinQ or Antipodes K22 via a USB connection. The Roon Core/Endpoint would be on the Aqua/Antipodes. I would think this would provide better isolation and could give you better sound.

Now I haven't tried this but this is just my thinking.

Ricco275

VIP/Donor
May 22, 2023
Paris France
If I understand correctly the Render V2 is a network/Roon endpoint. In this design you are looking to replace the NUC with an Aqua LinQ or Antipodes K22. So you are replacing the Roon Server correct? What I would try is using the Aqua LinQ or Antipodes K22 via a USB connection. The Roon Core/Endpoint would be on the Aqua/Antipodes. I would think this would provide better isolation and could give you better sound.

Now I haven't tried this but this is just my thinking.
Yes correct. I would initially use a coaxial connection and then perhaps move to MSB USB pro module. Anyway I wouldn’t need to use the renderer nor the NUC.

My main question is: Antipodes or Aqua?

barbz127

Jun 4, 2022
I would suggest the K22 - it can double as a server and player should you need/want to replace the nuc or have it offline for a period plus the K22 will allow you to run different clients (roon, upnp, etc) without having to buy additional modules to make it work.

I use a Antipodes k30 as server/player with the prousb/isl out to the msb discrete.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing