Adele concert last night on CBS

scot

Jan 4, 2018
Hi everyone

Did anyone watch the Adele concert last night on CBS and if so, what did you think? Thank you.

Best regards
Scot

Hi Steve

I agree. She’s never looked better and you can tell she’s also happier. Her voice sounded great and her band, the backup singers and the orchestra sounded wonderful. Not a bad setting either. If you’re into pop music, she’s a brilliant songwriter and man can she sing. She’s a class act. The new lp comes out on the 19th. Can’t wait. Take care.

Best regards
Scot

Reactions: jeff1225
Hi Kal

May I ask why you say “I did so unwillingly & unhappily” regarding the Adele concert on CBS a few nights ago? Thank you.

Best regards
Scot

Hi Kal

May I ask why you say “I did so unwillingly & unhappily” regarding the Adele concert on CBS a few nights ago? Thank you.

Best regards
Scot
It was my wife's choice and she tolerates what I play. That doesn't mean I have to like it. If you want to know why I don't like it, I decline to say in detail except that I do not care for maudlin pop music, in general.

Agree with Kal. Not an Adele fan. Watched portions and found it somewhat boring and repetitive. She does have a nice voice. Not really a big fan of any pop artist at this point. Very few of this genre will get respect / recognition and any air play a year from now. Nice concert venue though.

Last edited:
At least the sound wasn't compressed to buggery like it is on all her albums...

While Adele does have a tendency to oversing, I thought this performance was excellent. It was great also to see her keyboardist, Philly treasure Eric Wortham, II, prominently featured. Eric is a fantastic player and a great guy to boot.

Reactions: Gardener
It was my wife's choice and she tolerates what I play. That doesn't mean I have to like it. If you want to know why I don't like it, I decline to say in detail except that I do not care for maudlin pop music, in general.
Happily I didn't have to put up with her - no wife!

She was on UK TV last night - I wonder if it was the same show as in US - "An Audience with Adele". Voice grates with me I'm sorry to say as she's otherwise a good preformer.

As it happened I could switch channels are watch a very good documentary "Freddy Mercury in his Own Words"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing