A dubious benefit of this virus crap

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I read this, and when I checked my email there it was.

“Auto insurance companies return $800 million in premiums because no one is driving”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/business/allstate-payments-coronavirus/index.html

Email

“As we all work together to slow the spread of COVID-19, more of us are at home and driving less, which means having fewer accidents. That's why we are announcing a Shelter-in-Place Payback for our auto customers. And, since our lives have become more digital, we are providing free identity protection for the rest of the year.

Most auto customers will get an average payback of about 15% based on their monthly insurance costs during April and May. You can get your payback faster through the Allstate® mobile app.”

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Bluefoxx , thats really nice of them , i could not see a dutch insurance company do that to be honest
They would say last year was an extremely bad year for us ;) , and this year compensates it a bit :)

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
While i paid 1,02 euro a liter 3 weeks ago here in belgium ,( its now 1,05 or something like that)
In holland they still had to pay 1,50-1,60 a liter .
So the dutch went to go fill up their gas tanks in belgium but were stopped by belgium police .
eventually the belgium police barricaded some roads , true story :)
In the netherlands cars are a governments milking cow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing