2.1 Ebay stereo upgrade help

Pexy13

Sep 22, 2021
Greetings!

First a bit of background. I'm 22 and my family owns a small vineyard where I can throw parties and hang out with my friends.
We listen to everything there from rock/metal to rap and techno depending on the squad's preferences that is there hanging out.

Currently I have a 2.1 50W amplifier board from ebay there powering my dads old Magnat speakers and a Subwoofer from sony's home theatre.
It's ok the way it sounds for the aplication but when you want to turn it up all the way it starts cutting out (probably the power supply's fault) and the sound quality isn't greatest and it lacks volume.

Would an old 90's stereo amplifier like Sony F319R
(https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sony/ta-f319r.shtml) or something similar that goes for around 50USD used locally make sense to buy? I was thinking of buying a separate amplifier board just for the bass and running either a y splitter or powering it trough a low pass crossover/filter from the B side speaker out. Or would again an all in one 2.1 board from ebay make more sense?

So I would like to upgrade the existing setup but I'm not totally sure witch route to take. My budget is around 75USD and I wouldn't like to go much more.
Every suggestion is welcome and feel free to ask questions.
Thanks, Sven.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing