‘Listening chair‘

Seriiously though I had a variable rest height chair that looked really nice but over time I missed the ability to recline more, I switched to a new chair with a high but tapered back. :)

Personally I have found that there is a diffence between high and low back chairs but it is not a deal breaker. Iron Thrones and Pimp Chairs excluded.

Reactions: Joe P
Wow. you guys sure seem hostile about something as simple as a chair. I agree, listening to music should be for de-stress. So sit in whatever connects you to the music. My sofa is quite comfortable and that is why I bought it. However, it does have a negative sonic impact that I overcame by simply adding pillows.

In the measurements the one that is +/- 5dB is without the pillow. The much smoother response is with the pillow. Which is worse? I guess if you feel the urge you can listen with and without a pillow and judge for yourself. If it doesn't bother you then all the better.

There is no doubt that high frequencies bounce off leather and not off of cloth. It is the same principle as treating the point of first reflection from the wall.

I purchased this full back recliner along with a second cow hide to match. Took it to my shop and cut the back apart and created a narrow head rest and had the upholstery re-installed.
At the same time I built a foot stool to match and upholstered it also.

Very comfortable and no reflections that I can notice.

Attachments

• IMG_1479.JPG
    IMG_1479.JPG
    583.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1785 2.JPG
    IMG_1785 2.JPG
    590.2 KB · Views: 19

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing