Minus K Isolation Platform BM-8

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
I have just been to a HIFI Show with the Minus K isolation table in action and was impressed in what it will do and would like one for my turntable.Apart from enabling you to listen to your music during an earthquake and the logic of minimizing vibration through your cart I haven't found anyone talking about there experience if the have one.Even the Doehmann Helix 1 with Minus K isolation inside.
So please leave any positive or negative experiences you have had with the Minus K..
Cheers Stump

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I have just been to a HIFI Show with the Minus K isolation table in action and was impressed in what it will do and would like one for my turntable.Apart from enabling you to listen to your music during an earthquake and the logic of minimizing vibration through your cart I haven't found anyone talking about there experience if the have one.Even the Doehmann Helix 1 with Minus K isolation inside.
So please leave any positive or negative experiences you have had with the Minus K..
Cheers Stump

Minus K has proven success and Fremer actually uses one under his Continuum TT.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I don't have a Minus K, but I have read that it can be very effective. I think one must be careful to balance the load properly on the platform. What kind of turntable do you have, and have you contacted the manufacturer directly to make sure you order the right model for your turntable?

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Anyone tried Minus-K platforms under a preamp or a DAC ?

Cost wise, it seems to an attractive proposition compared to active isolation tables like Hertzan and Halcyonics.

Reactions: Forte

pjwd

Jun 22, 2015
Brisbane
Stump - what did you think of the dohmann- I was pretty impressed - sounded great on 3RD day
Phil

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
Thanks for the feedback so far.Peter I run a Clearaudio Innovation so sounds ideal for the Minus k.I spoke with the importer so the Minus K Isolation Platform Minus K BM-8 with 50-100 pound (25-50Kg) it the model for me.Thanks Pcoster will read up on the Vertere .Phil the dohmann-Helix 1 is a great idea and the whole system was one of my favorite rooms.
Cheers Stump

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Isolate these Entire Rack

Anyone tried Minus-K platforms under a preamp or a DAC ?

Cost wise, it seems to an attractive proposition compared to active isolation tables like Hertzan and Halcyonics.

Depending on your set up you may want to try their products designed to isolate the entire rack. More bang for the buck but you may et some equipment generated vibration so it may not be a panacea.

asdffx

Jul 9, 2011
I have try minusk under DAC?preamp ?CD?TT and Amp ?all have awesome effect.

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
Thanks Dan
Just read your review and agree all the way.I have a Minus K on the way.It will coincide with a turntable upgrade to Clearaudio Master Innovation.Liked your analogy of "needle is a seismograph'
Cheers Stump

asdffx

Jul 9, 2011
Hi Stump
Here is some photo
First, I try Bm4 under CD, is much better than CD on stillpoints rack , and then CD and preamp on BM4 at the same time, in this setup, also better than CD on BM4 +preamp on stillpoint.
So I think in limited budget, you can put two or three equipment on one platform, this also can have very good effect.
Later, I bought one more Bm8 under my preamp. And at last, I bought one BM-1 under my monoblock amp.

IMG_20150510_213318_HHT(1).jpg IMG_20150514_225145_HDR.jpg IMG_20150618_231323.jpg IMG_20151020_203556(1).jpg

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
Thanks asdffx
Very nice pictures and I like your setup.Did your friend go with the 59Kg 125BM-8 ? I have gone with the 70Kg 150BM to allow for 3 stillpoints...
Stump

Reactions: Forte

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Very nice ASDFFX! I see between your system and your colleagues...a CJ GAT, CJ ART Monos and Gryphon Colosseum! I also see that you also isolate the CJ underneath and on top...i do the same, and i can think of 3 other CJ GAT owners who do as well. Tell us about your system if/when you can...are those Hansen speakers?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Also ASDFFX...do i see in the photos with a Gryphon Colosseum another CJ GAT? It certainly looks like a piece of CJ Gear.

asdffx

Jul 9, 2011
On top of Gat is Shakti Stone ,Byee QUANTUM SIGNAL ENHANCER and stillponts ERS paper,they are not isolater,they eliminate EMI/EMF.

Yes ,is hansen speaker.

My friend is also gat preamp.
He upgrade to Gryphon mephisto several month ago. And have try on a minusk BM1 platform , that was a big upgrade to mephisto.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing