April 2015 Toole video on sound reproduction

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Hits the walls and comes to you just the same as in your own room.

Fkoyd says it was for the other people on the couch in stereo set up/

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
impartiality

You pick your own judges.
Pick your own sample in which you are represented twice.
Set your own standard.
Analyze your own results and declare yourself the winner. Not to mention you downgrade those who limited your margin of victory.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Didn't.

Didn't.

Didn't.

Didn't.

???

You really want me to look at that video again and cite examples. I have no vision in one eye? Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? If so I'll get to it tonight.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Listening in mono
8:50
Listening through rooms
17:12
Dispersion measurements for mutiple listeners on couch
23:33
ahsi standard
27:35
Sounds good measures bad
42:00
Phone call form CEO about Consumer Reports test
48:
Consumer Reports tes and choice of 13 speakers
50;50
Make up of Judges
54:00
Strong differences
54:60

Also See
59:30
Speaker comparison
101:37
I don't mean to suggest he went into detail on every issue. I have seen and discussed the Harmon tests before . On this forum I might add.
Basically he is making the same old frequency response argument at a much higher ;level. After all he has much more expensive tos to play wuth.

Good night .
I basically gave him a pass on the financial bias argument.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Way late to this thread, just wanted t say thanks for the video, very informative especially since I just did direct and off - axis for my Usher BE20Ds with the GR research upgraded xovers. Very good off axis response. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing