ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I went the other day to listen to the Q7s, ended up hearing the S7s. Keeping quiet until I hear both and they are fully broken in.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
The M Project is the best speaker I have ever heard. I'm sure both the Q7 II and the S7 benefit from some of the technology developed for the M Pro, though neither speaker looks nearly as good. The M Pro, IMO, will be considered a classic, and because only 50 pairs were built, it will be collectible and still sound fantastic and look great for years to come.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
The M Project is the best speaker I have ever heard. I'm sure both the Q7 II and the S7 benefit from some of the technology developed for the M Pro, though neither speaker looks nearly as good. The M Pro, IMO, will be considered a classic, and because only 50 pairs were built, it will be collectible and still sound fantastic and look great for years to come.

+1 to all of that.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Damn this Q7 forum does not get much attention... what did you think of the MK2 after listening to them if I may ask

Hi, believe it or not, I have NOT had a chance yet. Been in there so many times, they look at me, I look at them, but they are never set up. I was so impressed by the original that I have to believe this is another home run. But I still want to, using the DMA-500 amps, in order to get a better assessment of the amps, 'cause the M3s are not cutting it for me (see my system thread). At the same time, I will probably won't want to turn on my system after such an addition...

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
And Goodwin’s pair of q7 mk 2 ....just fueling the temptation in the half price discount bin....

The q7 or the 500s...... difficult choice

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Why would one buy used Q7 Mk2 when there are MProject to be had for $70k ?

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Same specs. M newer design.....

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I just realized Goodwin's is selling their Q7II demo; feels like the market is saturated

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I just realized Goodwin's is selling their Q7II demo; feels like the market is saturated

likely any in stock over $200k demo speaker system at any brick and mortar store is for sale any time. so that in itself is no negative reflection on that model.

possibly the shorter shelf life and model turnover of brick and mortar brands is an issue to value retention. that's probably a reality. clearly Magico has moved on from the Q to the M in terms of focus at the top (it appears from a Magico outsider).

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I cannot imagine anyone getting the Q7 mk2 over the M6, unless one has a huge room.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I cannot imagine anyone getting the Q7 mk2 over the M6, unless one has a huge room.
1) Lower 20KHz - ~200Hz distortion evident in effortlessness especially at moderate to high volumes via a 4 -way design. 2) Possibly better bass - Magico stated that the best woofers they make are in the Q7 and Q7 Mk II, however the M6 has 3: 10.5" drivers to share the low frequency load. 3) One who appreciates neutral sound versus a bit more warmth. 4) $$ - Q7s are typically available at a lower cost than M6 in the used market.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing