Gaps when "quoting"?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Don't worry, John, browsers can be a nightmare. I like, or am very used to, Firefox but over the last month I've lost all the buttons when I do an Advanced Reply. So can't add proper emoticons, etc. I SHOULD know how to sort out software, but I've given up trying to fix this annoyance ...

Frank

I'm not really worried Frank! I can always use Firefox for use here. And yeah..its an annoyance more than anything.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Oh, I figured it out. It is an IE issue. Hit F12 again. Then under the "Browser Mode" select plain "Internet Explorer 9" *NOT* the one with compatibility mode.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Oh, I figured it out. It is an IE issue. Hit F12 again. Then under the "Browser Mode" select plain "Internet Explorer 9" *NOT* the one with compatibility mode.

:) Success!

Amir...thank you!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
You are welcome. I think what happened is that you had changed IE's compatibility mode sometime before and hence seeing it all of a sudden.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
You are welcome. I think what happened is that you had changed IE's compatibility mode sometime before and hence seeing it all of a sudden.

I did. I was having some issues with my keyboard...started moving pages up and down in rapid succession and then downsized (reduced zoom level) the screen display to about 25%. Try zooming down to 25% and you'll see how small the text is. It was then that I started to look for solutions, and remember clicking on that setting. Long story short, I changed the zoom level, but never adjusted the comp mode setting (slipped my mind entirely).

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Amir

It seems like the problem has not gone away. Everytime I go back onto the site it reverts to Compatibility View as the default. I now have to hit F12 every time and select my browser (IE9). Suggestions? Ideas?

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
You might want to check under the Tools menu button at the upper right (assuming IE9 is similar to IE8), then select Compatibility View Settings and make sure WBF wasn't added to the list... Beyond that, I think you can check the advanced options/settings to make sure it isn't on all the time, or automatic for sites it thinks need it.

HTH - Don

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks Don, but IE9 works slightly different as I didn't see that option. Anyway I went back to the IE9 original default settings, and it seems to have solved the problem. Here's hoping!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing