Schnerzinger cables - any experience?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...)
Can we know what you are calling clean power? And what are its objective improvements? (...)

I will look in to this thread which I have avoided for the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post in this S'nger thread. As for Skepticism based on "ignorance about products" I beg to differ ... Let's leave it at that ...

Did you forget about clean power intentionally?

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Come on micro!

Often I wonder if you ever care about an honest discussion or if you want to only have the last word. I think I have been one of the very few and consistent proponent of Clean Power in the WBF and elsewhere. You can have the last word, let's get back to those cables.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Come on micro!

Often I wonder if you ever care about an honest discussion or if you want to only have the last word. I think I have been one of the very few and consistent proponent of Clean Power in the WBF and elsewhere. You can have the last word, let's get back to those cables.

You wonder too much. We should know by now that IMHO in high-end stereo there is no last word.

Surely I would like to have the honest discussion on your vision of Clean Power with one of its consistent proponents, all I have read until now was just your subjective praise and your recipes, but never the why's. Perhaps I would find that this time I would be the skeptic. ;)

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Too me the various cable manufacturers would have much more credibility if they stated that their supposedly better performing cables , whether based on their own listening tests or electrical measurements COULD improve audiophile stereosystems .
Just stating them as facts is just ......well whatever

Last edited:

redsquare

Dec 9, 2013
I have an appointment for a full Schnerzinger demo next month. The only product I was able to experience were the Giga Protectors and it was as if the curtain came up. Any grunge and noise just vanished. Images gained unreal purity. Very different from anything else I've ever experienced. I'm generally skeptical and this stuff ain't cheap but based on what I heard I'm looking forward to the full demo. It's a very comprehensive approach and very well respected in Germany amongst the high end cognoscenti there. I'll report back next month....

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I have an appointment for a full Schnerzinger demo next month. The only product I was able to experience were the Giga Protectors and it was as if the curtain came up. Any grunge and noise just vanished. Images gained unreal purity. Very different from anything else I've ever experienced. I'm generally skeptical and this stuff ain't cheap but based on what I heard I'm looking forward to the full demo. It's a very comprehensive approach and very well respected in Germany amongst the high end cognoscenti there. I'll report back next month....

Does any one know what the Giga Piccolo is ? My agent is bringing Michael of Zellaton to demo the Piccolo and Grid Protector at my place tomorrow?

Kind regards,
Tang

CATfriend

Jan 31, 2013
Deutschland
Hello*Tang,
the giga protector is for me an absolutely fascinating device.

https://www.schnerzinger.com/produkte_2_PROTECTOR.html

I have been using this device since 2016 in my listening room. I have tried several locations. Now there is a device in the corner front left, the second one diagonally in the corner at the back right. This is the best place for the protectors.
The result: for example, the sounds vibrate cleaner as well as the tonal enemy details I take now even more clearly. The music sounds even more powerful, dynamic and more homogeneous.
For me, the Giga Protector is an absolute must in my music system. Without him, I miss the tonal substance, the timing, and the musical energy that is so important to my perception of authentic perception. The music now fills the room.
If you get the possibility, absolutely at home test !!!!!
fullsizeoutput_54.jpeg
Best regards
Ulrich

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hello Ulrich,

Do you have to plug these protectors to the wall outlets or are they battery operated. You were talking of Giga Protector, I wonder if it works the same as Grid Protector.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Tang

Tubedoctor

Dec 12, 2012
Hello Tang,
I am looking forward to your experiences with the new Schnerzinger Giga Piccolo. I saw them at the fair in Munich, they look very cute. I got a Giga Protector and a Grid and an EMI Protector from Schnerzinger. I have been quiet for a long time and have just listened to music instead of playing with a lot of new products. I thought I had fully exploited the potential of my facility. The Schnerzinger protectors showed me how strongly high-frequency interference fields affect the sound of the system. Now I'm restless again and think about whether I should buy a second EMI or whether the use of a set Giga Piccolo is better. So I look forward to your experiences with the little things.
Besides, a music friend of mine has similar experiences with regard to high-frequency interference fields. He has bought new cables which, like Schnerzinger cables, have a protection against high-frequency interference fields. This topic convinced him that he would come to Germany this or next weekend to listen to the Schnerzinger protectors.
I look forward to hearing from you.

tubedoctor

Tubedoctor

Dec 12, 2012
Hello Tang,
the Giga Protector is not battery powered. It needs a power connection just like the Grid Protector. The Giga Protector eliminates high-frequency interference fields in the room, whereas the Grid Protector eliminates high-frequency and low-frequency interference of the entire home network. Both devices should not be plugged into the circuit of the hifi system. It is best to have another socket in the room. The Grid Protector has even made sure that the image of my TV in a very different room is clearer. I have experimented a lot with filters, conditioners and Voodoo Elektrosmog products with good and less good results, the Schnerzinger Grid Protector fascinates me. You'll be surprised.
A disadvantage of the Giga Protector you should consider. In my listening room the radio reception of my telephone has become worse. To telephone I go now always into another room.
Hope that will help you.

tubedoctor

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Thank you Tubedoctor. You read my mind. I was gonna ask about the possible interference to communication devices.
Tomorrow, I will know the differences b/w Grid Protector and the Piccolo and in what way it improve the sound of my system.

Kind regards,
Tang

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Thank you Tubedoctor. You read my mind. I was gonna ask about the possible interference to communication devices.
Tomorrow, I will know the differences b/w Grid Protector and the Piccolo and in what way it improve the sound of my system.

Kind regards,
Tang

Look forward to your impressions . Have fun .

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Look forward to your impressions . Have fun .

Sawasdee All,

Michael of Zellaton came and we demoed the Grid Protector and the Piccolo. It was a fun session. I ordered both products. Straight to the point, the two products work hand in hand to :
1) make strings sound so close to real. High notes on guitar now pierce my ears with sharp energy. On direct to disc record I could literally hear each string of the acoustic guitar vibrate. That small tiny tingling sound from strings just made me smile. The energy from a trumpet in Ella's Moonlight in Vermont just gave me goose bumps. So tangible. I thought my 107 db sensitive Cessaros were already exceptional at that, but this was more.
2.) increase definition in sound. It is funny to say that I listen to music but I "see" what I am hearing better. I dont know if this make any sense to anyone. On some records its more there there. On some records its more here here.
3.) let me hear piano from Glenn Gould like never before. I must have listened to this album a hundred times before. But today the rhythm, the dynamic, the swing when this guy play Bach Goldberg Variations just made me lost into enjoying his performance instead of trying to be picky evaluating the devices. So musical. Still dont know what he murmured while he played though ;).

I cant explain how these devices work but these were my experiences putting them into my listening room for a few hours. The system was like getting injected with doses of stemcell. More alive. These things are as real as my Tripoints. Michael said what they do is cleaning up air from interferences and just let the system sing the way each component was designed to. Nothing more. If you feel that what i wrote sound like another hype, it is ok by me :cool:. I just wish you werein my room having fun enjoying music as much as me and a few of my friends yesterday.

Kind regards,
Tang

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hi Tango , thanks for the feedback . Very intriguing your comments , any retail prices on these devices ?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Tango , thanks for the feedback . Very intriguing your comments , any retail prices on these devices ?

My agent only told me it considerbly less expensive than Tripoint.

kind regards
Tang

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Sawasdee All,

Michael of Zellaton came and we demoed the Grid Protector and the Piccolo. It was a fun session. I ordered both products. Straight to the point, the two products work hand in hand to :
1) make strings sound so close to real. High notes on guitar now pierce my ears with sharp energy. On direct to disc record I could literally hear each string of the acoustic guitar vibrate. That small tiny tingling sound from strings just made me smile. The energy from a trumpet in Ella's Moonlight in Vermont just gave me goose bumps. So tangible. I thought my 107 db sensitive Cessaros were already exceptional at that, but this was more.
2.) increase definition in sound. It is funny to say that I listen to music but I "see" what I am hearing better. I dont know if this make any sense to anyone. On some records its more there there. On some records its more here here.
3.) let me hear piano from Glenn Gould like never before. I must have listened to this album a hundred times before. But today the rhythm, the dynamic, the swing when this guy play Bach Goldberg Variations just made me lost into enjoying his performance instead of trying to be picky evaluating the devices. So musical. Still dont know what he murmured while he played though ;).

I cant explain how these devices work but these were my experiences putting them into my listening room for a few hours. The system was like getting injected with doses of stemcell. More alive. These things are as real as my Tripoints. Michael said what they do is cleaning up air from interferences and just let the system sing the way each component was designed to. Nothing more. If you feel that what i wrote sound like another hype, it is ok by me :cool:. I just wish you werein my room having fun enjoying music as much as me and a few of my friends yesterday.

Kind regards,
Tang

Very nice! Totally can relate to your experience. Would love to find out more about these products. Are they on the website? I will go check. Meanwhile, how do they get installed into your system? Are they connected via cables? What do they look like? I am a big fan of both Tripoint and Entreq and use both.

And i am a HUGE fan of Glenn Gould Bach Goldberg Variations...i have almost 14 versions of Goldberg Variations...and consider Glenn Gould (1981 session) a reference CD when i test systems. On the very best systems, I find that this recording is shockingly good whereas on many systems it is a thin, slightly 'washed out' recording. On the very best, you find the system digs out the hammer depth, strings, tone (and yes, his mumbling!) in a way that gives surprisingly great sense of the piano.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Very nice! Totally can relate to your experience. Would love to find out more about these products. Are they on the website? I will go check. Meanwhile, how do they get installed into your system? Are they connected via cables? What do they look like? I am a big fan of both Tripoint and Entreq and use both.

And i am a HUGE fan of Glenn Gould Bach Goldberg Variations...i have almost 14 versions of Goldberg Variations...and consider Glenn Gould (1981 session) a reference CD when i test systems. On the very best systems, I find that this recording is shockingly good whereas on many systems it is a thin, slightly 'washed out' recording. On the very best, you find the system digs out the hammer depth, strings, tone (and yes, his mumbling!) in a way that gives surprisingly great sense of the piano.

Hello LL,

The Grid Protector is about the size of iPad mini two inches thick and not light in weight. It has a power cord connected to it. Michael said it has to be kickstarted by connecting to the wall outlet at first. After that you can take the power cord out and it would still work for months. However he recommended best to keep connecting to the grid but seperate from your dedicated line. When We demoed, the Grid Protector was put on the floor at the right front corner of my room and right next to my horn.

20170908_144137_resized.jpg

The Giga Piccolos are smaller about 3.5"x3.5"x1". They have power cords and have to get kickstarted like I the Grid protector. They come in set of 3 and set of 6. We only had three for demo. One was put inthe middle between my speakers. The other two were on the shelf in the back left and right corner behind my listening position. The picture below showed the Piccolo in my hand.

20170908_155307_resized.jpg

If you are already a fan of Tripoint, I say you would be likely to like this product too. I really think the Tripoint and Schnerzinger devices compliment each other. You already know the effect of Tripoint very well so I dont bother to say it. These Schnerzinger on the other hand, in my system, cleared up the highs and gave me this resolution and energy without thinning my sound. Together with Tripoint's organic tone and realism, they seem to complete the package for me. To be honest, before I tested the product I always thought my highs were a bit damped. I was actually gonna take out some absorbers in my rooms. I am lucky to have demoed these products because I now know how to finish my game.

Remark: The effectiveness of both Tripoint and Schnerzinger I believe really depend on how polluted your listening room is.

Kind regards,
Tang

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Very cool, Tango. Fortunately, we have both dedicated lines and 'regular lines' in the room so that could work. how many are you going to end up using? And was there any particular location that worked better...and which of the 2 would you keep if you could only have one? The single larger unit...or the set of 3 smaller ones? Thaknks!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Very cool, Tango. Fortunately, we have both dedicated lines and 'regular lines' in the room so that could work. how many are you going to end up using? And was there any particular location that worked better...and which of the 2 would you keep if you could only have one? The single larger unit...or the set of 3 smaller ones? Thaknks!

I will only buy what were demoing in my system. Those were one Grid Protector and a set of three Piccolos. If I had to choose one I would keep the larger one. We did not have much time to switch location on those devices, but the position they were in already satisfied me.

Kind regards,
Tang

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I like reading about your journey Tang. Thanks for posting.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing