New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So the Lakers are giving up all off their first round draft choices

If that happens, Steve, it will show that recent top draft picks need like 3 to 5 years to mature and be great, if ever.

This coming draft is one of the busiest in terms of would be trades or deals. I think teams are wanting to win now. PG to Lakers will really make them a winning team, with Brooke Lopez in the middle, imo.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Who would have ever thought The Logo would be affiliated with the Clippers.

Jerry West, hope you bring good fortune to the team.

He signed on at a tough time with key players eligible for free agency. Not sure what I would do with those guys were I in his shoes.

As an innocent bystander of sorts, I would not think ill of Chris Paul if he chose to move on. Blake, I am still am bit miffed at his bad behavior last season....not that he cares one bit what I think I am certain. ;)

Steve Ballmer, thrilled to have a real owner who is doing everything he can to take the team in the right direction....instead of that slimey moron Donald Sterling.

We shall see what happens shortly!

Edit: Almost forgot JJ. Wish him well, too. Love his podcast.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Timberwolves trade with the Bulls for Jimmy Butler.

Twolves give up Zach Levine, Kris Dunn and 7th pick this draft.

Never understood why the Bulls were willing to give up Butler.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Never understood too.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Who would have ever thought The Logo would be affiliated with the Clippers.

Jerry West, hope you bring good fortune to the team.

He signed on at a tough time with key players eligible for free agency. Not sure what I would do with those guys were I in his shoes.

As an innocent bystander of sorts, I would not think ill of Chris Paul if he chose to move on. Blake, I am still am bit miffed at his bad behavior last season....not that he cares one bit what I think I am certain. ;)

Steve Ballmer, thrilled to have a real owner who is doing everything he can to take the team in the right direction....instead of that slimey moron Donald Sterling.

We shall see what happens shortly!

Edit: Almost forgot JJ. Wish him well, too. Love his podcast.

I wish West and the Doc combo success. Clearly Doc needed 'upstairs' advise, and West the answer.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Well wait a minute, Bulls used that 7th pick to draft the 7 footer who was reportedly the apple of Phil Jackson's eye - Finnish Markkanen, plus some chips to boot.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So all along, Ainge's eyes were fixed on Duke's Jayson Tatum, who supposedly is a better shooter than Josh Jackson.

Suns get JJ.

Kings got Fox.

ORL got Isaac. There were rumors than Boston could have gotten this guy Isaac.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lakers take the Best Baller Brand with the second choice.

Magic may be building another Showtime team with the Lakers. He must have told LaVar not to upstage him. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Here's Magic and company making the call to Lonzo, and to the draft office. First time I've ever seen a 'backroom' in action.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And first time to hear this, a would be draftee standing up a GM, on a coast to coast flight. No. 4 pick of the Suns - Josh Jackson

Jared Weiss
?
@JaredWeissNBA

Ainge: "I was mad. I flew across the country and had to fly back home.”

“There’s nothing to do in Sacramento!" https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/878110308803465216
12:40 PM - 23 Jun 2017

http://www.weei.com/blogs/ty-anders...rkout-while-danny-ainge-was-flying-sacramento

A little cocky for a rookie who's not even played a summer league game...

But perhaps more impressive was Jackson’s ability to find a way to flip his own chosen path (read as: blowing off workouts) into people and teams doubting his talents.

“I love proving people wrong,” Jackson said. “I've been drafted to Phoenix, and I'm going to go there and I'm going to make the best of it. I'm going to be the best player I can be. And those teams who didn't draft me, one day they will be sorry."

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I don't follow college basketball so hard for me to judge any of the draft picks.

Clippers did pick a 6'1" point guard, Juwan Evans, from Oklahoma State in the second round. Have no idea if he is any good or not.

Watching the Magic Johnson call to Lonzo You Tube video above, I loved it when Perlinka noticed that it was LaVar who answered Lonzo's phone.

Perlinka basically ignored LaVar and quickly said put Lonzo on the phone. LaVar complied immediately.

I hope Lonzo gets the chance to just play ball and that his Dad doesn't damage his career. Would be a shame otherwise.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Thibs was on the Dan Patrick show this morning. Never heard him sound so excited before.

Guess that's what happens when you just fleeced the Bulls team that fired you as head coach and added Jimmy Butler to your Timberwolves roster.

The Bulls management has to be among the worst in the NBA, challenging the Knicks and Kings for biggest knuckleheads.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Here's a revealing critique of Phil Jackson, from Rachel Nichols.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I think it is time for Phil to hang it up.

He was a good player.

He was a great coach.

Not doing such a great job as a GM.

One of the most accomplished people in the history of the NBA and he did it his way.

Pack up and head to Montana with your dignity intact. Please, Zen Master.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think it is time for Phil to hang it up.

He was a good player.

He was a great coach.

Not doing such a great job as a GM.

One of the most accomplished people in the history of the NBA and he did it his way.

Pack up and head to Montana with your dignity intact. Please, Zen Master.

+1.

In the interview, Phil Jackson didn't even sound 'right'. But he knows what he's doing. Maybe teach Porzingis a lesson not to miss any more exit meetings. I didn't know the importance of exit meetings or even exit meetings till now. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
My wife is originally from Chicago and she loves everything Chicago. Her favorite Chicago team is the Cubs but she loved the Michael Jordan Bulls and Coach Phil Jackson.

When Jackson started coaching the Lakers she immediately loved the Lakers, too. It was pretty hard not to pay attention to the Lakers when Phil and Shaq and Kobe and Fish and Robert Horry and the ever so handsome (former Celtic) Rick Fox were on the team. They had some great years and, come playoff time, the freeways were full of fans flying Laker flags on their cars. Seemed like they won every year, too.

Makes it hard now to watch Phil in New York. You can do things your own way when you are piling up 11 championship rings. Harder to do when your team hasn't look so good in a while.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Blake Griffin has opted out, as per Woj.

I'm somehow hoping the C's don't nab him unless we got nothing from the FAs out there.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My wife is originally from Chicago and she loves everything Chicago. Her favorite Chicago team is the Cubs but she loved the Michael Jordan Bulls and Coach Phil Jackson.

When Jackson started coaching the Lakers she immediately loved the Lakers, too. It was pretty hard not to pay attention to the Lakers when Phil and Shaq and Kobe and Fish and Robert Horry and the ever so handsome (former Celtic) Rick Fox were on the team. They had some great years and, come playoff time, the freeways were full of fans flying Laker flags on their cars. Seemed like they won every year, too.

Makes it hard now to watch Phil in New York. You can do things your own way when you are piling up 11 championship rings. Harder to do when your team hasn't look so good in a while.

I was never a Phil Jackson fan even in his Chicago days. I felt (rightly or wrongly) that Doug Collins would have won them that title had he not been fired that year the Bulls got their first title. When he moved to the Lakers, all the more I wasn't a fan. :D And to top it all, if I'm not mistaken, as he was closing in on Red Auerbach's title count, Phil engaged Red in a word war and it sort of ended with Red countering to him that all he did was to coach but for Red he had to coach and BUILD his team as the GM. So that's where we are, or where Phil was 3 years ago, to built a team. As a Celtics fan, I was waiting for this day, well not really that eager waiting, but since it presented itself. I'll take it. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing