Taking it to the next level!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Holy crap, this is a lot of work! Try moving a couple of Pass Labs monoblocs!!

This will be the wall behind me now. A lot closer to the Wine Cellar!!

17352081_10211939150651418_7094482493359755522_n.jpg

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
It looks like audiophile nirvana, where the system just disappears!

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
You got to ask yourself when it's time to buy a custom Magliner handtruck...

heavy-duty-magliner-hand-truck-br-model-d30-k1-1060-58-p.jpg

Looking forward to see how the bass integration goes, as I know you won't be able to rest until it's right.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
More pics.... Tip of the day. When changing around studio, steel toe boots can be your friend..... sock feet, not so much!!

Room 2.jpg

Room 1.jpg

Room 3.jpg

Room 4.jpg

JayR

Feb 28, 2015
Wow.. nice studio. I thought you were using the Wilson Audio Alexia in your studio. Do you use the Revels now?

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Great studio!!!

prerich

May 21, 2012

prerich

May 21, 2012

JayR

Feb 28, 2015

Wow.... that looks awesome. I can just imagine the Alexx in that space. What are the dimensions of the room? Any treatments?

I would love to come visit sometime and listen to some tunes. It would probably give me a data point as I am thinking of auditioning the Sasha II for my living room system.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Wow.... that looks awesome. I can just imagine the Alexx in that space. What are the dimensions of the room? Any treatments?

I would love to come visit sometime and listen to some tunes. It would probably give me a data point as I am thinking of auditioning the Sasha II for my living room system.

Thanks!

Dimensions of the room are approx 22 x 13 x 10.5
I have 2 purpose built rooms. ( room within a room ). You can read more about them here: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?9628-Studio-Build

Fiddle Faddle

Aug 7, 2015
Australia
Would love to have you visit. There are 4-5 audiophiles in the PNW loop that folks visit.

Bruce,

The PNW is one of the most beautiful regions on the entire planet, let alone the US. I will even sheepishly admit to buying up much photo-realistic PNW scenery back in days gone by when I had more time and ability on my hands to play with flight simulators! Whilst my health would never realistically permit any travel these days I am nevertheless thrilled that forums such as these can still bring yours (and other people's experiences) close to home so to speak. It is abundantly obvious that the combination of your listening room, gear and above all else your considerable knowledge and extensive experience would make for one very mean and highly entertaining PNW audiophile jamming session. I would have loved to hear what my classical vinyl transcriptions sounded like in your room. I spend all my attention on my workstation and my transfers to the point of absolutely ridiculous obsessiveness but sadly will probably never really own the calibre of actual reproduction gear in a tailored listening environment so as to really hear the fruits of my efforts. Couple that with both of our obvious obsessions with high performance automobiles and I think we would actually have far too much in common!!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Exciting Bruce! What do you plan to do to expedite the burn in process of the Alexx? I bet you're just dying to get to work with them. Their height looks perfect for your mastering suite.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
After about a week of listening and futzing around with the controls, I think I have found the final resting place for the subs. Now comes the critical listening part with the crossover points and levels. I will have to say I don't know why I didn't do this much sooner........

JL subs.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing