JR 150 (larger sibling of JR 149)

TerryNYC

Mar 15, 2013
NYC
Hi all,

I'm looking for a review of these contemporary with their manufacture that contains measurements. Google has produced lots on the JR 149 but very little on the JR 150. I will eventually be able to check HFN&RR from that period however if anyone knows of a website I'm not finding please let me know.

Thank you,
Terry

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
my first pair of real speakers where the JR149 wish i never sold them , real classics these days fetch good money
with sames drivers as thne Bbc LS3/5a , from memory JR150 had a extra bass unit for deeper bass & higher power handling

TerryNYC

Mar 15, 2013
NYC
I thought very highly of the JR149 (and its' companion active subwoofer). I never heard the JR150. It is a different design — tweeters, both mid/woofers, and crossover are all different. I'm looking for a quality review (HFN&RR, Gramophone or similar) for a historical project I'm working on.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland

TerryNYC

Mar 15, 2013
NYC
Thank you. Just looking for data for a history project. If I'd change my Meridian DSPs for anything, likely it would be for a Linkwitz Lab design (LX521 or Pluto). I had a girlfriend like that once ;-) Thanks again.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing