2 Channel Listening Room

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
My 2 channel room was created from what was once the house living room. Rives Audio performed their Level One Service and I updated with some newer treatments. Equipment description follows, along with a few images below.

Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT w/ all Black Diamond upgrades except arm wand.
BluElectric Magic Diamond Cart w/Soundsmith rebuild
Allnic Puritas MC cart
Allnic Verito Z MC cart
Allnic H3000 Phono Stage

Jcorder/Bottlehead Technics 1500 Reel to Reel tape deck
King/Cello tape head preamp
Darklab NAB hubs

Apple Mac Mini music server
Audirvana playback engine (for DSD and High Resolution files)
Pure Music playback engine
Teac UD501 DSD DAC

Allnic L3000 line stage

KR Audio VA320 Antares SET amp (Baby Kronzilla)

Kharma 2.2 Ce loudspeakers with subs from Surreal Audio: 6 10" subs per speaker in dipole arrangement. Subs powered by outboard crossovers and amps. Crossover set at 48 Hz. Each speaker has it's own 750 watt sub amp and crossover. KR amp driving the Kharmas full range.

Walker Audio Velocitors on sources and amps

Silent Source The Music Reference speaker cables
Silent Source Silver Signature interconnects
Silent Source Signature power cables

3 20 amp 10 awg dedicated lines terminated with Synergistic Research Teslaplex outlets

Room treatments according to Rives Audio planning:
Quest AI Ceiling Clouds
Quest AI Wall Panels
RPG Variscreens
Mioculture Acoustic Weave hemisphericle diffussor

HannL GmbH Micro record cleaning machine
Walker Audio Prelude 4 step cleaning formula

Last edited:

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
Sloth.... Its my only excuse. The speakers in the pics are my Kharma 2.2ce. I have yet to take any of the Surreals yet. They are about the same size as the Kharmas, but w/ 6 subs on each side, 3 firing forward, 3 firing to the rear, each in it's own sub-enclosure.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Awesome. What a great environment for relaxing and listening!

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
The turntable and the rest of the system looks good Joe. It's a nice place to relax and enjoy some tunes.

I just heard the latest new turntable updates a couple days ago while they were being installed by Lloyd and Fred. They sound very nice and this is before the table with the new Proscenium Black Diamond V Turntable updates has had a chance to settle down.

Dre

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
The turntable and the rest of the system looks good Joe. It's a nice place to relax and enjoy some tunes.

I just heard the latest new turntable updates a couple days ago while they were being installed by Lloyd and Fred. They sound very nice and this is before the table with the new Proscenium Black Diamond V Turntable updates has had a chance to settle down.

Dre

Hey Dre! How are you? Were you at Jonathan's house when Lloyd and Fred were there? I think I am one of only a couple of people who have all the upgrades except the one that makes the table a Black Diamond. I'm still using the carbon fiber arm tube. I did the suspension upgrade, the new damping fluid, the new motor sled feet, the new brass inserts in the clamp and the new belt. When Lloyd and Fred did the suspension work, I had all three bladders in the foot pods replaced too.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Hey Dre! How are you? Were you at Jonathan's house when Lloyd and Fred were there? I think I am one of only a couple of people who have all the upgrades except the one that makes the table a Black Diamond. I'm still using the carbon fiber arm tube. I did the suspension upgrade, the new damping fluid, the new motor sled feet, the new brass inserts in the clamp and the new belt. When Lloyd and Fred did the suspension work, I had all three bladders in the foot pods replaced too.
I'm doing ok Joe. Yes, I was there when Lloyd and Fred were. Fred called me when they arrived so I put off my real work to go down and visit. I listened again today and the system sounded even better. That's one heck of a table, especially if the owner knows what they are doing with it.

Dre

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
Editing my previous pictures and changing speakers. I have added my Kharma 2.2 Ce back into the system. Added a shot of an abstract oil that hangs on the wall behind the speakers as well as some overall room shots.
/ DSC_0061.jpg

View attachment 11316

View attachment 11317

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

Last edited:

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
A few more
DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Gorgeous...and thanks for the picture edit...makes more sense now.

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
Really nice system and room. Looks like a very comfortable place to be in.

dmnc02

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2012
PA, USA
Nice pics, Joe. Needless to say, seeing and hearing the system in person is even nicer :)

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
Thank you for the comments. I wanted to show the new painting I put in the room AND put some time on the new Nikon camera I just bought. I have a lot to learn with the camera ;)
The painting is by a former student of the German abstract impressionist Gerhard Richter.

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
I love that painting! ...How much you want for it?

I've only owned it for a little over 24 hours. I'm waiting for it to appreciate in value. The artist (Jamel) told me that Gerhard Richter is the highest paid LIVING artist, having recently sold a canvas for 34 million dollars.....

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I've only owned it for a little over 24 hours. I'm waiting for it to appreciate in value.
The artist (Jamel) told me that Gerhard Richter is the highest paid LIVING artist, having recently sold a canvas for 34 million dollars.....

We can make a trade if you are willing; I too have a famous painting by a famous painter. ...You want to see it?

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
We can make a trade if you are willing; I too have a famous painting by a famous painter. ...You want to see it?

My artist is just a local guy whose wife runs a German restaurant and he sells his paintings from a small gallery on the weekends. Plus - I REALLY like it on my walls. I've been bugging the guy for months to sell it to me, but sell it to me inexpensively......

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing