microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Hi, Anyone ever try a Doshi phono stage with a Allaerts MC2 Finish? It is spec'd at .2mv output...but maybe a bit less, 32 ohm internal impedance and seems to like a 845 ohm loading...

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi, Anyone ever try a Doshi phono stage with a Allaerts MC2 Finish? It is spec'd at .2mv output...but maybe a bit less, 32 ohm internal impedance and seems to like a 845 ohm loading...

I've used an Ikeda with 0.15 mV output. You may find the JA likes a little different loading with the Doshi but Nick can always customize the loading values for each owner.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I've used an Ikeda with 0.15 mV output. You may find the JA likes a little different loading with the Doshi but Nick can always customize the loading values for each owner.

Hi Myles, you had a few brief comments, on the Doshi phono vs others like the Allnic H3000 in your positive feedback review. Anything more to add? Curious now that you've had this phono stage for a longer period of time (just making a assumption here) anything else to say that you didn't say in the review? Did you try the EAT tubes without the dampers?

I will likely add the Koda Takumi K10 preamp to my system. It is a low gain design...+6db (and so very quiet) so if I also use a low gain cartridge like the Allaerts MC 2 finish at sub .2mv...the phono stage really has to be quiet with enough gain...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing