Goldmund Analogue

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com

Analogue, Apologue smaller brother - made in 450 pairs.
Released around 1990 and designed by Claudio Rotta-Loria who also designed Apologue which was released in 1988.

More pictures here

Last edited:

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Nice pics, but the first thing I htought of when I saw the thread's title was Goldmund's analogue gear, e.g., the Reference turntable!

f1eng

Jul 24, 2014
Oxfordshire
Always liked the way these look, but I never heard them. How do they sound?

I heard these when I went to listen to some Wilson WAMMs a French dealer was selling for a client.
I was bowled over by the naturalness of the instrumental timbre. I went to the dealer expecting to buy the WAMMs, ended up much preferring both the Apologue and Analogue.
I knew the dealer quite well, I had bought my Goldmund Reference TT and T3f arm from him, and he confidentially advised me that they were about to be replaced by the Epilog series, which he hadn't heard yet.
When the first demo Epilog was available I went to compare it with the older models and the B&W Nautilus, which I love the styling of and wanted to audition too.
Anyway the Epilog belied its simple styling and sounded the best of them all to me, so I ordered mine and still have them. I have yet to hear a speaker I prefer.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I heard these when I went to listen to some Wilson WAMMs a French dealer was selling for a client.
I was bowled over by the naturalness of the instrumental timbre. I went to the dealer expecting to buy the WAMMs, ended up much preferring both the Apologue and Analogue.
I knew the dealer quite well, I had bought my Goldmund Reference TT and T3f arm from him, and he confidentially advised me that they were about to be replaced by the Epilog series, which he hadn't heard yet.
When the first demo Epilog was available I went to compare it with the older models and the B&W Nautilus, which I love the styling of and wanted to audition too.
Anyway the Epilog belied its simple styling and sounded the best of them all to me, so I ordered mine and still have them. I have yet to hear a speaker I prefer.

Great to know - what version of the Epilog did you get?

f1eng

Jul 24, 2014
Oxfordshire
Great to know - what version of the Epilog did you get?

Epilog 1&2. The Epilog 2 wasn't in production yet (the demo was just the Epilog 1, astonishing sound from a smallish box) so I had to wait a few months for it

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing