Someone is taking on Audiogon!

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Looks like Audio Mart is now open for business

http://www.audiomart.com

I have no affiliation... just saw a link elsewhere.

I toyed with the idea myself and even discussed it with a potential business partner - ran some numbers etc. At the end of the day I lacked the motivation to do it, but it was/is bound to happen. audiogon is a disaster, and the process of creative destruction will do its job.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Obviously this site is in its infancy stage and it remains to be see if it will take off or not.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I caught wind of this last year and chatted the guy up. He sees an opening and has committed resources to take on the Audiogon Goliath. I have a video interview with him. I also have a video of the Audiogon room showing Audio Electronics gear (part of Cary Audio). Audiogon is now a direct dealer! The world is changing fast.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Not an easy category to get into and prosper in. Echo Loft was started in Singapore/Malaysia 13 years ago: http://www.echoloft.com/

In 1994, we started one called Second Beat for second hand hifi with an associated print magazine.

Most of these sites, I would guess, are just getting by.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Looks like Audio Mart is now open for business

http://www.audiomart.com

I have no affiliation... just saw a link elsewhere.

I have mixed feelings here. I to got frustrated with Audiogon changed...didn't really seem to help us, the clients, other than increase our prices. One the beauties, historically I guess now about Audiogon, was we pretty much all went there. It was the place to buy and sell used gear. Now buyers and sellers will get split up on multiple sites...I am not sure audio has the same critical mass as ebay and craigs list...if we the pie gets carved up to much...we may all loose...

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
I have mixed feelings here. I to got frustrated with Audiogon changed...didn't really seem to help us, the clients, other than increase our prices. One the beauties, historically I guess now about Audiogon, was we pretty much all went there. It was the place to buy and sell used gear. Now buyers and sellers will get split up on multiple sites...I am not sure audio has the same critical mass as ebay and craigs list...if we the pie gets carved up to much...we may all loose...

Maybe, just maybe, the powers that be at AudiogoN will finally get their collective heads out of the sand (or elsewhere), and take notice that the changes they have implemented and the deterioration of their customer service has resulted in a mass exodus of the people who helped create what was once a great community. After 11 years, I am through with it. I wish the newcomers well but caution that it is going to be an uphill struggle. It appears that Audiomart is run by the principals at Spin Clean, at least that is who the site is registered to.

taters

Jun 6, 2012
Maybe, just maybe, the powers that be at AudiogoN will finally get their collective heads out of the sand (or elsewhere), and take notice that the changes they have implemented and the deterioration of their customer service has resulted in a mass exodus of the people who helped create what was once a great community. After 11 years, I am through with it. I wish the newcomers well but caution that it is going to be an uphill struggle. It appears that Audiomart is run by the principals at Spin Clean, at least that is who the site is registered to.

I agree that Audiogon is not as good as it used to be. I recently listed some cables on Audiogon and 2 other sites. I got 10 inquires in 3 days on Audiogon and only 2 on the other. The cables sold within a week on Audiogon. As bad as Audiogon is it's still the best place to sell gear.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I agree that Audiogon is not as good as it used to be. I recently listed some cables on Audiogon and 2 other sites. I got 10 inquires in 3 days on Audiogon and only 2 on the other. The cables sold within a week on Audiogon. As bad as Audiogon is it's still the best place to sell gear.
+1. Or to buy gear without 40-50% mark-up.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing