Untitled Document

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audiogon or Audiogarbage?

Audiogon or Audiogarbage?

I have been hunting for a few choice items over the last couple of months,well 6 or 7 to be exact and found Agon to be full of overpriced garbage and what seems like Ebay leftovers joined up .I used to think that it had a fair amount of class over junk but now it seems like more junk than class.In 6mths,I still see the same adds repeating themselves over n over.And the Dealers are all onboard now,so the used prices seem to be ramped up.
    Why buy used Bryston 7bsst for $4500 that are 8yrs old when newer 7bsst2 are $5300 used.Cmon guys get with the program,dropp those prices to $38 or $3900 and you ""MAY"" sell it.
    Krell FPB 300 that are due for caps on the auction block starting at $3000 with busted up knobs and no box.
    and the list is long.

Just my ranting I suppose.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar
    I always use 'make an offer' option when I think that the price is too high.

Buyers market here so the sellers may not really want to sell.

[WBF Founding Member]
    So there is this guy on Audiogon listing 12 year old Transparent audio reference cables that sold for $6K a pair over a decade ago. He lists them at $12,000 for three, new price $36,000. I send him a message, pointing out he is misleading buyers with the stated new price of $36K. Below is the dialogue than ensued. I wonder if audiogon will step in....

edorrMarch 16, 2013 12:33pm
    You got to be kiddin'. These sold for $6000 a pair brand new over a decade ago. I bought a pair of the exact same model used two years ago for $1,200. Good luck selling!

spacecowboy123dallasMarch 17, 2013 4:43pm
    Really not sure what there worth but I sold a set of 15 foot cables for 10,,000 last month. They sold in 1 week. Why the F^*&K does it mater to you ? **** off you nosy dork.

edorrMarch 17, 2013 5:35pm
    It matters to me because this is a community based on trust, and I hate some piece of **** scam artists abuse this trust, taking advantage of buyers igonance.

If you can find a sucker to overpay for a 12 year old cable fine, but deliberately mistating the new price of a piece of equipment, in my book is deceipt. I reported you to audiogon and hope they'll take your ad down and ban you from the forum.

spacecowboy123dallasMarch 17, 2013 6:14pm
    Oh no, The Audiogon police. I literally falling out of my chair laughing out loud. What a dork.

edorrMarch 17, 2013 6:23pm
    I would be laughing too if I just swindled someone out of $10K. Come to think of it, I wouldn't. Unlike losers like you, I would feel precisely like the piece of **** I was.

spacecowboy123dallasMarch 17, 2013 6:56pm
    I am soooooo hurt. Lol. You have to be one of the biggest dorks. Go play hall monitor some more. I could care lees what a little bitch like you thinks.

edorrMarch 17, 2013 7:04pm
    That is a common characteristic of sociopaths like yourself. They don't give a **** about what anyone thinks. If they did they would not be able to swindle people out of their money and live with themselves. Bloodsucking scumbags they are.

Wow, two boys in a sand box throwing sand on each other.

[WBF Founding Member]
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory View Post
    Wow, two boys in a sand box throwing sand on each other.
    It would be really funny, if real people were not actually getting swindled out of thousands of dollars....

$100K+ for new YG speakers retail but on the 'Gon for $30K. Do you ream the manufacturers for asking crazy $$$?

[WBF Founding Member]
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory View Post
    $100K+ for new YG speakers retail but on the 'Gon for $30K. Do you ream the manufacturers for asking crazy $$$?
    You are missing the point. He is not selling cables that actually ever cost $36,000 for $12,000. These cables cost $9,000 brand new over a decade ago and he is offering them for $12,000. He is taking advantage of confusion about Transparent Audio's extremely confusing models naming and pricing.

Caveat emptor.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

[WBF Founding Member]
    It appears Audiogon acted on my "fraud alert" and has taken down both the ad for $12,000 speaker cables (worth $3,000), and $10,000 ICs (worth $2000). Kudo's to audiogon. They also suspendd the scammer. For once they got it right. Way to go.
    Last edited by edorr; 03-18-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast