Kharma Exquisite Electronics

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
"Bien sur" in two words, not in one like you just spelled it in your last post from the prior page.

Moi je suis parfait bilingue. ...Un vrai de vrai Canadien Francais. :b

Déjà vu

Apr 2, 2013
Switzerland
"Bien sur" in two words, not in one like you just spelled it in your last post from the prior page.

Moi je suis parfait bilingue. ...Un vrai de vrai Canadien Francais. :b

Vancouver... on est loin du Quebec cher cousin! En tous cas, c'est un plaisir de lire la langue de Molière ici.

DV

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- Je vis presentement sur l'Ile de Vancouver; mais je suis originaire du Quebec, bien sur. ;)

Kharma has some pretty nice looking products; you own some yourself, Deja vu? :b

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Do you already give up?

An indication: cabinet = carbon, woofers = ceramic, tweeter = diamond

It's just that today I am not particularly up to it (researching with verve).

* Marten loudspeakers? ...Which model? ...Not the Marten Coltrane Tenor?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Well done for the brand my firend!

But it's not TENOR, it's just this one:
View attachment 9080

Do you like MARTEN?

DV

I will be hearing the Coltrane 4 speaker supremes hopefully later this month. Never heard before...will be good to learn.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
It's just that today I am not particularly up to it (researching with verve).

* Marten loudspeakers? ...Which model? ...Not the Marten Coltrane Tenor?

Glad to find another Marten owner on WBF , what amps are you using with the Black Pearl ?

Déjà vu

Apr 2, 2013
Switzerland
Hello Jazzhead,

Are you a Marten's owner to??

About amps, I had tried the NF Ref 18, then Vitus and finally Goldmund Telos: I kept them!

img0018pm.jpg

By the way, is there a Marten thread at WBF?

Thanks,
DV

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hello Jazzhead,

About amps, I had tried the NF Ref 18, then Vitus and finally Goldmund Telos: I kept them!

Hi DejaVu , Yes the Coltrane 2 with Vitus DAC , pre , power . Are you still running the Vitus(as in the pic) or have gone with the Goldmund . What cables are you using ? No, I am afraid there is no Marten sub-forum @WBF , not enough members I suspect . Best ... Jazzhead

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Well done for the brand my firend!

But it's not TENOR, it's just this one:
View attachment 9080

Do you like MARTEN?

DV

Well, if I go Marten, might as well go all the way, no? ;) ...Then I went Tenor.

* Yes, I love Marten speakers, and yours are splendid! ...The only problem though is that I can only refer to them as from the reviews I read over the years, and to their delicious pictures; The Abso!ute Sound & all.
- Never had the privilege of meeting them in person, helas!

View attachment 9086

Thanks,
DV

No, but it should now. ...If Steve is reading this he'll take care of it I'm sure.

* By the way Deja vu, that picture above, the floor, the lines running on it, it is truly eerie to me as it's deja vu, no pun intended and I kid you not!

** Your Marten speakers are one of my top favorite speaker's designs of the entire world; they are truly gorgeous; aesthetically, externally and internally, practically (intelligent phase/form design), and using some of the best and nicest material available. ...I bet they sound truly magical!
You bet! ...Marten deserves its own forum section! ...Here at WBF.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Hello Jazzhead,

Hi DejaVu , Yes the Coltrane 2 with Vitus DAC , pre , power
. Are you still running the Vitus(as in the pic) or have gone with the Goldmund . What cables are you using ? No, I am afraid there is no Marten sub-forum @WBF , not enough members I suspect . Best ... Jazzhead

---- :b Ahhhhhhhh, very cool! :cool:

Déjà vu

Apr 2, 2013
Switzerland
Hi DejaVu , Yes the Coltrane 2 with Vitus DAC , pre , power . Are you still running the Vitus(as in the pic) or have gone with the Goldmund . What cables are you using ? No, I am afraid there is no Marten sub-forum @WBF , not enough members I suspect . Best ... Jazzhead

Congrat's for the Coltrane 2 Jazzhead :cool:

I had taken this picture at shop's, during the purchase of the BP. I'm still running Vitus (only CD).
I'm using Jorma cables (Origo BW)... what else?! And waiting for a bargain on Prime. And about yours?

Best,
DV

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Congrat's for the Coltrane 2 Jazzhead :cool:

I had taken this picture at shop's, during the purchase of the BP. I'm still running Vitus (only CD).
I'm using Jorma cables (Origo BW)... what else?! And waiting for a bargain on Prime. And about yours?

Best,
DV

I was running a whole Jorma Prime plus Origo loom , but have changed now to ZenSati Seraphim plus Siltech .

jpetek

Feb 12, 2013
Anybody heard this Amps and compared with other Highend Amps like Boulder ....

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I ve heard today the older entry model of kharma again
Plus the Little monoblocs on kharma 3.2. Speaker s with beryllium tw.
I like the Gear , i ve heard the exquisite too on multiple occasions.
I still consider the p 150 pre amp one of my favourite SS pres

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing