Sign of spring: Daylight saving time starts Sunday

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Tomorrow morning at 2:00 AM

WASHINGTON (AP) — Ushering in the bloom of spring, it's time to set the clocks forward for daylight saving time.

At 2 a.m. local time Sunday, daylight saving time arrives with the promise of many months ahead with an extra hour of evening sunlight.

You lose an hour of sleep, but make sure to turn the clock ahead — spring forward — before heading to bed Saturday night to avoid the panic of a late rise.

It's also a good time to put new batteries in warning devices such as smoke detectors and hazard warning radios.

Some places don't observe daylight saving time. Those include Hawaii, most of Arizona, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam and the Northern Marianas.

Daylight saving time ends Nov. 3.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
For once I don't work tomorrow, so the hour of sleep lost is not a bother at all.

Is it me or does it seem earlier this year? No matter really as I always look forward to the longer daylight hours, especially since I suffer fairly significantly from S.A.D. .

Fast/Forward

Aug 21, 2011
Mississauga, On
When I worked the night shift they never let us go home after seven hours! But then in the fall they never made us work nine hours!

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
When I finally get around to inventing the time machine, one of the first things I'm gonna do is go back in time to find the clown who invented "daylight savings time" and punch him on the nose. It's the least I can do to make him pay for all the disrupted sleep he's caused me and countless others!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
It was invented in the 19th century; there is a wikipedia article somewhere that explains it all

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
When I finally get around to inventing the time machine, one of the first things I'm gonna do is go back in time to find the clown who invented "daylight savings time" and punch him on the nose. It's the least I can do to make him pay for all the disrupted sleep he's caused me and countless others!

Here you are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Willett. If you cannot afford a time machine, one of his great grand children is Chris Martin .... Go ahead make my day - I don't like Coldplay:)

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
It was about the silliest things I've encountered since moving to the US. If you think that you can cut a foot off the bottom of the blanket and sew it to the top to get more blanket, something's wrong with your thinking.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It is a terrible idea and worse the farther north you live. Just hate it when the time changes in fall and it is dark way before you get home from work :(.

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
I've lived in the south most of my life and I still hate it:(

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
It is a terrible idea and worse the farther north you live. Just hate it when the time changes in fall and it is dark way before you get home from work :(.

Agreed. I lived in Maine for 12 years and I hated the winter when you drove to work in the dark and drove home in the dark.

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

Members online

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing