Glad to be here

mdabb

Jul 10, 2010
N.E. Ohio
Hello to everyone :D !

New here, but I do know a few of you already. For those I haven't had the pleasure of getting to know, thanks for having me. Looking forward to participating.

I am a pretty easy going person that enjoys 2ch audio mostly, but I do like to enjoy a good film from time to time as well. Now I don't have a perfect system & nor do I have a perfect room to enjoy it in. However I don't let that stop me from enjoying music and the hobby any less. Presently my system is boxed up for safe keeping do to an ongoing home renovation. For the meantime I have been enjoying a simple laptop/USB DAC/headphone/AVR setup. I enjoy all types of gear, music genres, & formats. If it's music, I listen to it :) I like to keep things simple & sweet and don't sweat the small stuff... I'm also a pretty opened minded person, but with a common sense approach.

...again thanks for having me !!!

Andrew

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
Welcome aboard Andrew! Glad to see ya buddy!

How's the renovation going, btw?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome Andrew! It's always good to see you and I look forward to reading your posts!:)

John

mdabb

Jul 10, 2010
N.E. Ohio
Welcome aboard Andrew! Glad to see ya buddy!

How's the renovation going, btw?

Hello Fred, hope all is well !

The house is coming along, just a little slower than some would like. I spent this past week removing about 100 years worth of paint from the staircase with a heat gun and various hand tools. Doesn't that sound like fun... All in all once I get the time to remove a chimney and redo the roof it will be smooth sailing from there on. Just making time is the hard part.

mdabb

Jul 10, 2010
N.E. Ohio
Howdy, Andrew!

Cherry, or hickory?

Hey Ken ! Still unsure, but I'm thinking hickory is the smarter choice for financial reasons and I'll just save the cherry for another home. Gotta look at the bigger picture since this house is going on the market upon completion. Whether we relocate or not there is no way around it, we need a bigger home. So in the end laying down the hickory would be the smart thing to do. That was easy, lol...

Enjoy your day buddy ! I'm off to the home center to get some supplies & then I have some brown grass to cut.

mdabb

Jul 10, 2010
N.E. Ohio
Welcome Andrew! It's always good to see you and I look forward to reading your posts!:)

John

Good to see you to buddy !!! Glad to have found a place that offers a more diverse subject matter. It should make for some interesting reading, conversation, and free time !!!

Hope everyone on the forum has a great day !!! Enjoy your Sunday, my favorite day to listen to music & be lazy. :)

Andrew

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing