New Jadis prototype turntable

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
There are strong rumors on a new Jadis turntable to be released someday by mid2012, it might look like this:

jadis_2.jpg

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Aren't turntables beautiful! I see the three sided plinth, looks like it's made for three arms. Of all the big gun tables, I'd love to see the Goldmund in person.

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
When I read, "Jadis turntable," I envisioned a piece with gold trim and a mass situated right up front. Nice to see they tried something different.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Strange, there are plans to make a turntable for their 30th anniversary this year but it will look like this;

Apperently, a prototype of this turntable was shown at the München High End 2012. More info (French) and pics here.

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Strange, there are plans to make a turntable for their 30th anniversary this year but it will look like this;

Apperently, a prototype of this turntable was shown at the München High End 2012. More info (French) and pics here.

Handsome... anything looks that good, got to sound good. :)

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City

Woow, this one looks even better!

paskinn

Jan 28, 2013
My partner comes from the region of France where Jadis live and work; they take nice long lunch breaks and don't seem to worry too much about life. As for the turntable, I wouldn't hold your breath. They are a small company that doesn't hurry and doesn't try to jump aboard fashionable trends. Actually, they are rather a good company with long-term conservative values. (and I don't mean they are Republicans). Anyway, now the issue has been raised, I am going to check with someone who knows Jean-Paul Calfi rather well.
Back, I checked . My friend has had the prototype at his house; he says it sounds smooth.liquid and relaxed.....but that it is a long way from production. At present it has a sort of spring suspension in pods which you can see on the pics. Unusually it has a great big valve power supply but, again, that may change. They are also pondering whether to offer a choice of power supplies. The prototype my friend auditioned had an SME V12 arm, so we know it can take the longer arms.
They say the reason for the deck is because they are analogue guys, they run a Goldman Reference and their big preamps always have superb phonostages. Goodness knows when it will actually enter the real world.

Last edited:

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
The first image shows the TT they showed last year in Munich.

Here is the image I've taken during the show:

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
The first image shows the TT they showed last year in Munich.

Here is the image I've taken during the show:

You're right, the TT in your picture is the prototype they showed in Munich called the Uranie. They claim that the finished product will be available this year for €93000. Looks to me like a V.Y.G.E.R. Baltic M on steroids.
The other TT is called the Thalie and will cost €43500. Think it's more a rendering than an actual prototype picture.
Info got mixed up somewhere...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing