Napa/Sonoma

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Wife and I going to bomb around their for a week in August -- any favorite wineries, restaurants, etc? Have a day or two in SF too.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Thx Steve, will check out. Know Opus a bit but haven't had Silver Oak.

My wife is already trying to get a French Laundry res.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Will have to get a bottle, visit or not. One of my favorites is Spottswoode.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Said the non-drinker...

that's correct but when I did, it was IMO the best Cab in Napa. Doesn't come cheap depending on whether its Alexander Valley or Napa Valley with bottles well over $100. Opus OTOH is ridiculously good and even more expensive. Beautiful winery but they think they are the creme de la creme

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Is this the same Mustard's that specializes in hamburgers?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
they specialize in everything but I've never ordered a hamburger there. They do have lamb burgers IIRC. I took gregadd to Mustard's when he visited me as well as to Opus, Silver Oak, Mondavi and Chandon. Great day

mep

Apr 20, 2010
When I first moved to Bloomington, IN in 1990, we had a restaurant called Mustard's. They specialized in bad hamburgers that were brought out to you plain and then you walked them to the "fixins" buffet and added your choice of toppings and condiments. By the time you were done walking your hamburger to the "fixins" buffet and added your ingredients that would have normally come from the kitchen when you ordered your burger and walked back to your table and sat your butt down, your burger and fries had icicles hanging on them. Mustard's happily went out of business.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
OK. Same name, different place.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Mustard's used to be nice without being TOO hoity toity, but haven't been there in years.

I have a friend whose old girl friend used to own the bed and breakfast on the hillside across the street. The new owners installed massive antique wood furniture from the South in the rooms, I guess it is a prime location for watching the balloons go up and down the valley when they do that.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Mustard's used to be nice without being TOO hoity toity, but haven't been there in years.

I have a friend whose old girl friend used to own the bed and breakfast on the hillside across the street. The new owners installed massive antique wood furniture from the South in the rooms, I guess it is a prime location for watching the balloons go up and down the valley when they do that.

Is it better to have an old girl friend or a young girl friend? :p

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Is it better to have an old girl friend or a young girl friend? :p

Apparently, some of the old ones who were trading up in the old days and didn't think you were good enough, come back to look you up if you are single. That is, after a few kids, divorces, boob jobs, mastectomies, hysterectomies, bankruptcies, etc. Guess they wonder if the old fascination is still there, that has been his experience, but he didn't bite, he preferrs 20 to 30 year olds.

I never had that problem, stayed married.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Apparently, some of the old ones who were trading up in the old days and didn't think you were good enough, come back to look you up if you are single. That is, after a few kids, divorces, boob jobs, mastectomies, hysterectomies, bankruptcies, etc. Guess they wonder if the old fascination is still there, that has been his experience, but he didn't bite, he preferrs 20 to 30 year olds.

I never had that problem, stayed married.

Unlike my three siblings, I have only been married once and it has lasted since 1978.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'll be in Napa in July, will probably do FL again. I'm watching this thread like a hawk. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing