Looking for recommendation: DVD Video RECORDER

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Can you recommend a high end DVD Video recorder?

I have owned quite a few budget models and have had great luck.

I want to go a bit higher end...any recommendations welcome.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What will you be recording Andre? I don't know if DVD recorders are still being made.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Why don't you record to hard drive? It's a lot easier....

That's what I do. I use either Sony Vegas or Final Cut and use an Aja IO HD

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Why don't you record to hard drive? It's a lot easier....

I record to a cable DVDR....then bounce to DVD. How can i record HD cable to a hard drive?

Even then, I would fill up a room full of drives. I record around 8 hours of tennis and boxing
a week.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I capture them in Apple Pro res 422 then pull them into an editor and render them down to a QT

Not that much space needed....

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I capture them in Apple Pro res 422 then pull them into an editor and render them down to a QT

Not that much space needed....

Ah, i see. I am honestly not that sophisticated, and I don't have any where near the computing horsepower.

Then there would have to be back ups..too complicated.

It is amazingly simple for me to bounce DVR recordings to DVD and put them in binders, all labeled.

I have 2000 tennis matches.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing