Any fellow JBL Synthesis owners?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yes indeed :). Here is our rack at "work:" (older picture as some components have changed)

At home, I am building a partial synthesis system. The EQ is Synthesis (SDEC-4500) but the rest is other Harman products. Proceed amp, Lexicon processor, Revel speakers.

The power handling of the JBLs is amazing. We pumped 500 watts into them and saw our ceiling nearly come down on our head! :eek: see http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?3426-Houston-the-Eagle-has-landed!-JBL-Everest-Speaker

Dave_A

Feb 25, 2013
lasvegasaudioclub.blogspot.com
Yes indeed :). Here is our rack at "work:" (older picture as some components have changed)

At home, I am building a partial synthesis system. The EQ is Synthesis (SDEC-4500) but the rest is other Harman products. Proceed amp, Lexicon processor, Revel speakers.

The power handling of the JBLs is amazing. We pumped 500 watts into them and saw our ceiling nearly come down on our head! :eek: see http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?3426-Houston-the-Eagle-has-landed!-JBL-Everest-Speaker

Incredible system! I saw the Everests @ this years CES. But they were on a low volume (driven by the same Levinson amp you used in that photo) so I really couldn't hear what they can do. However, they looked fantastic.

How would you rate the S4700s? Good I hope! lol.

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
Yes I have my Array 1400 Be clones and an 880 Array center. I think they are great! I also use Vertec 2266h subwoofer drivers for my LFE subs. Very similar to the 2216's used in your 4700's

Rob:)

adidino

Mar 2, 2013
Curious about the current JBL Synth amps. How do they perform in comparison to amps like Bryston or Classe? I understand they are sourced by ATI currenly?

hifikontoen

Dec 19, 2011
:)
Do you own a pair of JBL ? or are you also just a "distance fan" ?

JBL is among the best.
I like their scientific approach, for instance they have machinery who replaces speakers so that they easily can do blind-testing (I have even seen it pictured on the net).
Their research has shown that people prefer the best measuring speakers....

By the way, I was giving an offer on a pair of DD66000's. But the shop did not want to sell to me because of my suggestion of multiple downpayments over time (not paying all at once)....
I once was auditioning the DD66000's and should just listen in 15 minutes or so.... I ended listening until the shop closed (2 to 3 hours later).
Definitively one of the best hi-fi memories of all times.

Dave_A

Feb 25, 2013
lasvegasaudioclub.blogspot.com
:)
Do you own a pair of JBL ? or are you also just a "distance fan" ?

JBL is among the best.
I like their scientific approach, for instance they have machinery who replaces speakers so that they easily can do blind-testing (I have even seen it pictured on the net).
Their research has shown that people prefer the best measuring speakers....

By the way, I was giving an offer on a pair of DD66000's. But the shop did not want to sell to me because of my suggestion of multiple downpayments over time (not paying all at once)....
I once was auditioning the DD66000's and should just listen in 15 minutes or so.... I ended listening until the shop closed (2 to 3 hours later).
Definitively one of the best hi-fi memories of all times.

ok 3 years later, i say to you, yes i own a pair of jbl s4700s...my system is on audiogon and other sites,

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing