Triangle Art Signature Turntable

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I just heard this table earlier this week at my friend Bill Demars (www.beautyofsound.com). For $12.5k, this table is hard to beat. Strong foundation, dynamic, quiet and speed stable. It comes with the Walker Audio speed controller. The complete setup I heard was this table, Ikeda arm and Ikeda Kai cart. This is a wonderful sounding setup and a sonic bargain if you ask me.

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
This table smacks of being designed for bling and not to sing. I think I heard this table at RMAF 2011, but I could be wrong. There isn't one thing I see about the design of this table that makes me think a physics major or mechanical engineer had anything to do with its design. It also most hurts my eyes to look at it.

Bill Demars

Apr 28, 2010
East Greenbush, N.Y.
www.beautyofsound.com
This table smacks of being designed for bling and not to sing. I think I heard this table at RMAF 2011, but I could be wrong. There isn't one thing I see about the design of this table that makes me think a physics major or mechanical engineer had anything to do with its design. It also most hurts my eyes to look at it.
I love it! People who have not heard or are not equipped to comment on a product see no problem in doing so. Gotta love the high-end.
I was very skeptical that this table would beat my "tricked-out" Garrard 401 in 4" of slate with upgraded 25lb. stainless-steel platter and more rugged bearing as well as a 40lb lead arm-pod, but it is better. Better in bass definition, inner-detail retieval, and better hall cues.
Guess we should request a college transcript in addition to the invoice for all analog-related sales, just to make sure it will sound good.;)

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

The table is a strong contender. It put's the $20K and above crowd on notice. I felt the same way prior to seing and hearing it in person. It is a real deal.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Yes, it is a "real deal." I've been testing it and it offers, in many ways, superior sonics to the Onedof. The image layering is stupendous and the "see through" to the recording session is unparalleled. It is more accurate than the Onedof but no less musical. I have a Funk 5M mat on it and while the above photo is a bit blingy, in person, the table is beautiful. Full review forthcoming.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I've not heard this table. It looks like there is an outboard motor. Is this a belt-drive or thread/tape drive. I'm curious because there is a lot of discussion about speed stability these days and the return of Direct Drive. Interestingly the TechDas is belt drive and is supposed to have very accurate and stable speed. Does this table have any isolation in the massive base? If not, does Bill have an isolation platform or is it so massive that it simply absorbs floor born vibrations and doesn't need isolation. Would love to see a photo of the unit with the motor and arm set up.

Peter, could you elaborate on your statement about the ""see through" to the recording session being unparalleled." Is this in an absolute sense or only relative to every turntable you have heard? This superior layering is perhaps a result of it being a very quiet platform which does a good job of draining energy away from the stylus. How heavy is it?

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
So many questions, so little time :)

I'll address all in the review. In the mean time I'll post some (more) pics tomorrow. BTW, I edited and rendered the Ikeda IT-407 and 9TT review today. It's a humdinger.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
So many questions, so little time :)

I'll address all in the review. In the mean time I'll post some (more) pics tomorrow. BTW, I edited and rendered the Ikeda IT-407 and 9TT review today. It's a humdinger.

Peter, Sorry for being unclear. The first part of my post was addressed to Bill. I was hoping he could share some details about his turntable. I only asked you two questions. I'll wait for the review. Please post a link when it is completed.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Peter, Sorry for being unclear. The first part of my post was addressed to Bill. I was hoping he could share some details about his turntable. I only asked you two questions. I'll wait for the review. Please post a link when it is completed.

The table was on top of a mapleshade rack...thick maple. It weighs 200 lbs. a real beast for sure.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I love it! People who have not heard or are not equipped to comment on a product see no problem in doing so. Gotta love the high-end.
I was very skeptical that this table would beat my "tricked-out" Garrard 401 in 4" of slate with upgraded 25lb. stainless-steel platter and more rugged bearing as well as a 40lb lead arm-pod, but it is better. Better in bass definition, inner-detail retieval, and better hall cues.
Guess we should request a college transcript in addition to the invoice for all analog-related sales, just to make sure it will sound good.;)

Not equipped to comment? I'm not sure what you mean by that. The fact that this turntable beats out your ancient tricked out Garrard 401 with rim drive isn't a huge surprise. I hope it sounds great and you sell a gazillion of them.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Not equipped to comment? I'm not sure what you mean by that. The fact that this turntable beats out your ancient tricked out Garrard 401 with rim drive isn't a huge surprise. I hope it sounds great and you sell a gazillion of them.

He should. The only other table I would consider other than this at the under $20k crowd is the Clearaudio Innovation. Another fine example of belt drive speed stability. Between the two, I would likely go with this table.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Looks like they have taken styling tips from Transrotor bling ;)

Sounds like it sounds great thou.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Looks like they have taken styling tips from Transrotor bling ;)

Sounds like it sounds great thou.

yes most definately...I saw transrotor first and this definately reminds of them. Photographs of such polished alloy does not do justice to the in person view. This table is rock solid in all categories, including weight.

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Just worked out a deal on the Signature with their 12" Osiris arm and the record weight. I had been looking for a turntable line to carry, but somehow completely missed the Triangle room at RMAF, despite having crossed paths with designer, Tom Vu, several years ago when purchasing a preamp.

Bruce Brown mentioned this one after I had told him I wasn't excited about the other run-of-the-mill options I had looked at. This will be quite a step up from the Music Hall USB-1 I've been using for the past 12 months. The USB-1 is an amazing table for $250, but I was more than ready a while ago to move to the real deal. Should be a fine mate for the Lamm LP2 I have waiting. I expect we'll be ready for clients to stop by for a listen in Bellevue by early-2014.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA

Ha, Ha, Ha! You crack me up. The first thing that I thought was, "This belongs in Superman's crystal palace".

It looks a lot like the Da Vinci tables, only shinier. The mass loading principle never gets old. If it sounds that good, it is a deal for sheer performance mass if nothing else.

If the puck is included, remember what they are selling the so called magic pucks for these days?

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
i heard this 'table a few times most recently at the last Newport show, Tom Vu is local to me and ive been meaning to stop by his place someday. I'm not smitten by the looks and at first blush I'd probably write it off as a half-baked concept, but his room was sounding very fine and much of the credit must go to the front end (triangle art/reed arm/koetsu coralstone). with todays pricing 12k is not that unreasonable.

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
with todays pricing 12k is not that unreasonable.

Prices have changed on this line. The Signature is now $16K, up from $12.5K.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
He is also coincidentally the US distributor for NAT audio, which are my favorite amps.

sale

Dec 15, 2014
Toronto
not on the list of 2015 stereophile recommended components

Prices have changed on this line. The Signature is now $16K, up from $12.5K.

On the 2015 Stereophile list of recommended components this Triangle is nowhere to be seen. Now, there are products that increase their price for 1000s of dollars but at least they find themselves on this list (in the A category of course), like Wilson Sophia for example. I see a lot of VPIs in A, Clearaudio in B etc. Truth be told, any increase in price is showstopper for me. It simply means the product is overpriced, period. They simply got greedy and want extra profit now. Which means all other products in their product line are also overpriced

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
bit bling - can it sing????

I agree with what you say.
It looks a bit Liberace

I am sure it sounds great as well

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing