Kef LS-50 speakers ?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I heard them at RMAF 2012 and I wasn't blown away. I don't remember now what was in the electronic chain though.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Johan Coorg looks like a fun guy. He should join us here. :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-- Kudos again Peter for the professionalism showing in your videos.

You walk around the room perfectly, in sync, and even your mic is of good quality as you can hear nicely that beautiful piano jazz playing.
- I like those KEF speakers (LS50); they are cute and seem to be well (smartly) designed indeed for best sound reproduction. ...And of course they are affordable, not like the $30,000 Blades.

And I agree with Jack; that gentleman (Johan) from that room seems to be real nice.
We would for sure welcome him here if ever he'd like to join our friendly forums.

* Another thing I like also in your videos Peter; your voice. ...You have a very tuneful voice, peaceful, clear, articulate, and pleasant.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That was a great video Peter!

We just started to carry KEF at Madrona. I listened for a few minutes to the LS50. It has a warm sound with a lot more bass than I expected. The enclosure is very solid and really well built for a bookcase speaker. I felt almost no resonances in it. We have only had it for a couple of weeks but everyone who hears it (and the rest of the line) seems to like them.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
The Kef LS-50 is a good little speaker BUT for that price there are better speakers out there and for ME for an extra $300.00 i would choose these.

kef-ls50-speakers.jpg - - - Proac Tablette Reference8.jpg - - -

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I haven't seen ProAc for a while. I'm surprised they are not at the shows. They used to be imported by a fellow named Richard Gerberg in the Beltway vicinity. They are wonderful loudspeakers.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing