Krell MRA

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
'Hijacking' a couple of pics from another thread, of a pair of MRA of my ex-neighbor (he is more of neighbor now to Jack) who owned them many years ago but now has moved over to Nelson Pass' big amps and Wilson X2s.

I was told it took 4 people (at least) to carry each of these amps.

This is one of the cleanest and punchiest bass producing system I have heard, playing Sheffield Lab's James Newton Howard and Friends, the kick drum and percussion is one of the best I've heard at almost live levels.
Wow...how do those 2 systems compare?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Well, I noticed that the pictures above show a Krell MRA without captive power cords. That is strange becuase the original Krell MRA actually has a captive power cord. The US version has a pair of power cords feeding the power supply in paralell. The European version has only one power cord. My was imported from Japan. They had to go through the local distributor to have some mechanical and software updates to work here. They are now the Euro version with one captive power cord on each amp. Yes, I have beefed up the power lines. They have been connected to a 230V 32A line each with a 20 square mm conductor size in-wall solid core copper cable all the way from the electricity company's transformer down the street to the wall outlets (which are of the round industrial type).

Am sure it sounds glorious , please keep us posted on how it mates with the Q7 's when they arrive . Will be quite the pairing !!

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Roysen ... your set -up ?? 68843d1282284178-pene-lytterom-av-relaterte-rom-inspirasjon-_mg_6455.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
68842d1282284173-pene-lytterom-av-relaterte-rom-inspirasjon-_mg_6436.jpg

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Yes, It is my system from before we renovated the living room. The Krell Evolution 2 preamp was a loaner and not a permanent resident.

I posted a picture of how it looks now a couple of pages ago in this thread. Here is one more of the new room during renovation (with one of the other pairs of Audio Physic speakers I have now sold)
Anlegg_Ny_Stue_Kronos.jpg

one more of the new room
Roysens_Rede_2.jpg

and here is one more of the old room
Cerubin.jpg

Last edited:

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Am sure it sounds glorious , please keep us posted on how it mates with the Q7 's when they arrive . Will be quite the pairing !!

Actually the Q7 will not be playing with the Krell MRA. Next week the Dynaudio Arbiter will be arriving here and they will be the permanent mate for the Q7. The Krell MRA are waiting for some new Tidal Audio speakers to play with.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Actually the Q7 will not be playing with the Krell MRA. Next week the Dynaudio Arbiter will be arriving here and they will be the permanent mate for the Q7. The Krell MRA are waiting for some new Tidal Audio speakers to play with.

Wow ... This sounds more and more like Disney Land ... Fantasy Land ! Am sure it will be be quite the roller coaster ride ... Enjoy in good health ! Hope to visit your theme park some day .. Cheers .:)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow...how do those 2 systems compare?

lloydelee,

so far, i have not been to the new set-up. i'll give a little buzz when i do get to listen to them. :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
lloydelee,

so far, i have not been to the new set-up. i'll give a little buzz when i do get to listen to them. :)

Thanks! Nice stuff!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing