Studer A80vu 1/2"

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Studer A80vu 1/2" 2-track master recorder. 15/30ips Low Hours

Heads/Transport/Brakes in excellent cond. Everything works.... I was going to have Ki go through it and do some modifications but I just don't have the time. Thought I'd put it on here before it hit evilBay

SOLD!

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I was ready to buy until I saw the 1/2" part.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
It's real easy to convert to 1/4"... I've done it many times on my other 1/2" machine... takes maybe 20min...

mep

Apr 20, 2010
It's not the time, it's the money. You have to have a 1/4" headstack and the other rolling parts in order for it to work correctly.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
It's not the time, it's the money. You have to have a 1/4" headstack and the other rolling parts in order for it to work correctly.

I have about 4 different headstacks here. I'm sure we could find the 1/4" rollers as well...

mep

Apr 20, 2010
We could find them or you have them at no additional cost? If you can convert this deck over to 1/4" and Ki gives it his blessing that all is well, I will buy it at your asking price. I would love to see a picture of it though.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing