$8,400 Power Cord, $8,995 Power Distributor, I'm a flat earther with this stuff, BUT

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
As side from this argument. Can someone post a link to connector bodies females
Three conductor. This is the part that goes into our equipment
Please. All this discussion has me wanting. Better cables
Al

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
For AC cords:

Hubble, and Shurter make excellent hospital grade connectors. The are found on a lot of 'high end' AC power cords.

For wall connections:

Porterports are pretty respected.

Hubbles get very good marks too. Most hospital grade AC outlets do.

What is nice about a good outlet is there is no heat even after hours of operation. The slight resistance that the connection can have can rob the equipment of voltage, as some of it is dropped on the connection itself. If it heats up, it can drop even more- not a good situation. We had one reviewer that clearly had this problem- he reported in his review that the AC outlet itself was getting kinda hot.

Don Hills

Jun 20, 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
How about the rest of your system just for reference since you've not listed any associated components?

Sony 502ES-II CD player (NOS DACs) and Koss Pro-4A+ phones for home, iRiver U10 and Blackbox M14 for mobile / office.
The rest of my equipment is currently in storage, including the box of power cables. I didn't itemise it all because I intend to upgrade when I finally get it out. I'm also a bit of an anachrophile, I have several interesting old components that I'm slowly restoring / recapping, such as a Sansui 9090DB receiver and an old Yamaha hybrid (mostly transistor, but 6CW4 Nuvistors in the FM tuner.)

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
And just as many leading people, like Bob Ludwig, Bernie Grundman, Paul Stubblebine, Reference Recordings (that you hold in high esteem), Puget Sound Recordings, Snow Ghost and many others, do. And you know they are ultra-critical and listen to everything that goes into their studio. Do you think it's any mystery as to why these places continue produce product of a very consistent and high quality?

You could also say the same thing about studios and speakers. But that doesn't seem to concern people as much as a piece of wire.

Bravo.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing