Legacy Audio Aeris

catastrofe

Feb 17, 2012
Saint Louis
Anyone heard them and/or own them? They look intriguing due to their flexibility, powered woofers, "built-in" DSP, and tube-friendly mid/uppers.

GolfnAudio

Feb 21, 2013
I heard the Legacy Aeris in Vegas- they were very, very impressive. True subterranean low end extension and dynamics for days!
Midrange was extremely revealing- more so than competing speakers at 2-3 times the cost. Like you, I appreciated the ability to use a tube amp on the mid/highs and maintain the fast bass from the built in amps.

The cabinetry is incredible- the way Legacy works their lines, I haven't seen better. I'm leaning towards selling my existing Von Schweikerts, about twice the cost of Aeris, and going with the Legacy- they were that good!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Definitely agree on all points; I've owned them for about 2 years now and started with the XILICA 4080 processor; having upgraded to the WAVELET
processor with Boehmer roomEQ/room correction and still running with my pre-amp and digital front-end, the AERIS are producing amazing music
even better than before. I can provide more specifics if anyone is interested....these speakers definitely 'punch well above their weight class...'!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Definitely agree on all points; I've owned them for about 2 years now and started with the XILICA 4080 processor; having upgraded to the WAVELET
processor with Boehmer roomEQ/room correction and still running with my pre-amp and digital front-end, the AERIS are producing amazing music
even better than before. I can provide more specifics if anyone is interested....these speakers definitely 'punch well above their weight class...'!

I tend to cringe whenever I see this phrase ...

I have heard only good things about this company. Please provide more info

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Apologies for making you cringe...was not my intent!

I'd love to share alot of detail about my experiences with the speakers from Legacy and the company themselves; suffice it to say, they treat
customers with a level of service and decency that is hard to come across in this world. It's more like dealing with family (the good parts!) than
business most of the time and it has brought only good into my music listening experience; they are great people and words don't suffice to
explain all that I mean in this regard. Bill D. is truly a music lover and an front-runner in the world of pushing speaker design, at a reasonable
price point forward. He will tell you that in many cases, I've owned more of their speakers than many dealers, many concurrently when I had
my hybrid 7.1 HT and 2-ch system. The list as of today;

Legacy Focus 20/20
Legacy Silver Screen II
Legacy MIST (2 pair)
Legacy StudioHD
Legacy Victoria LE
Legacy FocusHD
Legacy Silver Screen HD
Legacy FocusSE

Last 2 years: Legacy AERIS, first with XILICA 4080 DSP and now with WAVELET

Also: Extensive listening (several trips there to hang out...): Whisper XD and "V"

Back in 2005-2006 and since that time, I've listened to a lot of great speakers at equal, lesser and much higher price points.
All had their strong points; my initial and subsequent buying could have gone many different ways but thus far, I've chosen
to stick with Legacy all the way back to the 20/20 and going forward. It was not until the Focus SE that their speakers truly
disappeared for ALL music in my room; the SE was a major jump forward, the AERIS even more so. With AERIS, my current
gear and cables and NO ROOM TREATMENTS but using WAVELET to achieve the closest performance to the ideal target function
for the speaker in my room, not only do the AERIS disappear but they also image and sound like a single driver. The miracle
of that is the number of drivers in the cabinet....to have all that sound like a single-driver speaker to me, is nothing short
of fantastic. When you couple that with full dynamic range, rock-solid 4-ohm tendencies, 96+db sensitivity, and the ability
to playback at house-moving SPLs with clarity, musicality and finesse and then immediately jump to the most quiet track you
can imagine with the same level of fullness, imaging accuracy and clarity and sense of dynamics is amazing to me. All this plus
I've never once in many years experienced any kind of fatigue with any of the Focus, AERIS, Whisper or V speakers.

Very glad to share more but can only type so much here. If you'd like to have a phone conversation with a multi-year user
of these speakers, not a dealer, distributor, etc...please send me your contact info and I'll be glad to give you a call anytime
Friday, over the weekend or early next week. Happy Listening!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing