neutrality and startling stereo
imaging of its ancestor but adds
much greater dynamic capacity
and more extension at the
frequency extremes. REG, 228

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
Thank you Daytona600 for sharing your links and tips on the the Atohm and Stirling Broadcast speakers. You've been very helpful!

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
I'll be visiting St. Louis Stereo tomorrow. I hope to hear some of the DeVore line, and will report back on my impressions.

That's fantastic catastrophe! It would be great if you could hear the Gibbons 3xl and maybe compare them to the Harbeth P3ESR or even the M30's.....I would love to hear your impressions on them as I have not been able to hear them for myself yet.

I will be attending the AXPONA show in Chicago and I know that Harbeth will be there...not sure if DeVore will be there yet. I probably won't be able to get down to St. Louis until closer to spring time.

Have a great time and please come back and tell us all about it!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
That's fantastic catastrophe! It would be great if you could hear the Gibbons 3xl and maybe compare them to the Harbeth P3ESR or even the M30's.....I would love to hear your impressions on them as I have not been able to hear them for myself yet.

I will be attending the AXPONA show in Chicago and I know that Harbeth will be there...not sure if DeVore will be there yet. I probably won't be able to get down to St. Louis until closer to spring time.

Have a great time and please come back and tell us all about it!

Devore won't be there.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
harbeths are superb & try a get a listen to some striling broadcasts

found this in 2013 TAS guide

Harbeth C7ES-3
$3690–$4090
(depending on finish)
fidelisav.com
Arguably the ne plus ultra of
BBC two-way designs, with bass
down to 46Hz, an essentially
perfect midrange, and a top
end that reproduces ambience
fantastically, the 7ES-3 will
play loud enough for serious
music listeners (though not for
head-bangers). With respect to
accuracy, neutrality, and natural
tonal balance the
7 establishes for PS a new
benchmark for compact twoways

Stirling Broadcast LS3/6
$4095
stirlingbroadcast.net
This modernized version of
the BBC-licensed LS3/6 (the
BBC version of the legendary
Spendor BC1) maintains
the nearly perfect midrange
neutrality and startling stereo
imaging of its ancestor but adds
much greater dynamic capacity
and more extension at the
frequency extremes. REG, 228

My C7ES-3's never cease to amaze me.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
I think the Compacts are probably a better value..but the S-HL5s are really great too.

The 30.1's REALLY impressed as well.

Hl5 has the same woofer as you know and a bigger box, i like the supertweeter and they're very much like the Spendor Sp1/2s i had but the hl5 has better bass. i dont see the $2k premium of the hl5 over the c7 but i like it enough to pay the extra freight. i heard the original m30, love it too but me thinks the Hl5 is a better all-rounder.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Hl5 has the same woofer as you know and a bigger box, i like the supertweeter and they're very much like the Spendor Sp1/2s i had but the hl5 has better bass. i dont see the $2k premium of the hl5 over the c7 but i like it enough to pay the extra freight. i heard the original m30, love it too but me thinks the Hl5 is a better all-rounder.

You can't go wrong with any of them. Harbeths are last stop on the merry go round.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
Devore won't be there.

I understand that it is probably difficult (as well as being costly) for a relatively small, boutique speaker maker to attend every audio show that comes along. However, I still find it disappointing that he is not participating in a show that is taking place in a huge market area that has absolutely zero representation of his line of speakers. In my opinion, I think he is making a mistake by not attending this show.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing