The Forum shops at Las Vegas, a quick wrist watch tour

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
nice. they look better on buff guys. stalone uses panerai for product placement to its full advantage in many of his films. i came close to buying a submersible when they were still 'cheap' but it didnt look right on me, i quess i need to workout more :rolleyes:

Rob,

For a second there, you scared me. Initially, I took buff guys to mean "in the buff guys", but I have finally come back to my senses. I suppose I should read the words of others a bit more slowly, or at the very least brush up on my reading comprehension skills! :D

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Rob,

For a second there, you scared me. Initially, I took buff guys to mean "in the buff guys", but I have finally come back to my senses. I suppose I should read the words of others a bit more slowly, or at the very least brush up on my reading comprehension skills! :D

no worries, im not bi-curious in the least:eek: there is something metrosexual about buying watches and its a vanity thing. my point is, the panerai at 42+mm is a mans watch, ive seen skinny guys wearing them and they cant pull it off. flava flav comes to mind - they should just wear it around their neck LOL.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
no worries, im not bi-curious in the least:eek: there is something metrosexual about buying watches and its a vanity thing. my point is, the panerai at 42+mm is a mans watch, ive seen skinny guys wearing them and they cant pull it off. flava flav comes to mind - they should just wear it around their neck, or wear a cheap Citizen. LOL

Fixed. ;)

"I resemble that remark." - Curly Joe DeRita

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
I'm sure it's a special type of rubber from virgin rubber trees.

Mark -- it's extra virgin rubber -- you know...like the olive oil ;)

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Does Hublot make their own movements now for the Big Bang? That was always my issue with it. Great looking watch

I had a PAM for awhile when they were 4k with the Unitas movement. Fun watch, but too bulky for daily use (and I'm a big dude) and was always worried about scratching the damn thing.

I'd probably go IWC Big Pilot if I wanted to do the massive watch thing again.

FYI- I prefer the Roman Times store at the Forums compared to Tourneau...and they will cut you a decent deal.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
The basic movement for the chrono is the ETA 7750 (Swatch Group). Hublot is slowly rolling out its in house caliber (Unico) which may be found in some King Power and the Ferrari Big Bang.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
By the Swatch Group. The ETA 7750 is a workhorse of the Swiss watch industry which is used by many brands. The level of finishing may vary. Some highly sophisticated watches are using the ETA 7750 as their base movement among other the IWC Grand Complication. Hublot has also its own caliber (Unico) which is currently being cased in the Ferrari Big Bang. All the other Big Bangs are still fitted with the ETA caliber.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Would you wear this one?

Last edited:

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
FYI- I prefer the Roman Times store at the Forums compared to Tourneau...and they will cut you a decent deal.

It is a nice store as well, the "used" section at Tourneau (some never-worn watches but state-sales from other jewerlys) is a good option.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yes! .......if I were 10 years old that is.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
a watch brand that charges investment grade money and gives you an eta movement is a non-starter form me. its gotta be an inhouse caliber and have a unique or interesting complication to it.

it would be like a high-end audio mfr putting off the shelf ice amp modules in expensive cases and calling it a rowland or a levinson...uhh what a minute, i think they're already doing that :eek:

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
a watch brand that charges investment grade money and gives you an eta movement is a non-starter form me. its gotta be an inhouse caliber and have a unique or interesting complication to it.

it would be like a high-end audio mfr putting off the shelf ice amp modules in expensive cases and calling it a rowland or a levinson...uhh what a minute, i think they're already doing that :eek:

:D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing