Let's just say one wanted to purchase Equi=tech products. Who do you need to know?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
For over 2 months now I've been struggling to purchase from Equitech. I've phoned and they say "Gee we're really really busy, can you email your order?". Then when I email I don't get a response for weeks. When I do it's apologetic and promises to get back to me. Weeks go by, I nudge them a few times, nothing. I tried going through a very reputable high end dealer and still got nowhere.

Heck, I even tried Torus (a competing brand) and the state dealer for that product line also can't be bothered.

I received advice from Nick Doshi, the designer/builder of my amps to go with balanced power (I currently use a non-dedicated 15a line that I want to switch over to dedicated 20a) and he recommended some specific products (designed for installation at the panel). I have an electrician standing by for the past few months.

What's an audiophile to do? Who do I need to know? Anyone have any recent success in this area?

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
When I purchased a Torus unit, I dealt with Matthew Roher. He was very helpful.

Matthew Roher
Business Development Manager - Torus Power

PLITRON MANUFACTURING
601 Magnetic Drive, Unit 8
Toronto, Ontario, M3J-3J2
Canada

T. 416-667-9914 x248
C. 416-720-8544
F. 416-667-8928
mroher@plitron.com

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For over 2 months now I've been struggling to purchase from Equitech. I've phoned and they say "Gee we're really really busy, can you email your order?". Then when I email I don't get a response for weeks. When I do it's apologetic and promises to get back to me. Weeks go by, I nudge them a few times, nothing. I tried going through a very reputable high end dealer and still got nowhere.

Heck, I even tried Torus (a competing brand) and the state dealer for that product line also can't be bothered.

I received advice from Nick Doshi, the designer/builder of my amps to go with balanced power (I currently use a non-dedicated 15a line that I want to switch over to dedicated 20a) and he recommended some specific products (designed for installation at the panel). I have an electrician standing by for the past few months.

What's an audiophile to do? Who do I need to know? Anyone have any recent success in this area?

Hire a reliable electrician who should have no problem ordering one for you

Sound Affair

Sep 10, 2012

Although i can't help i can echo that equi=tech is very poor to deal with i also enquired about thier products and emailed their sales department initially enquiring about there products in my country and did get a response back from martin glasband with the potential to deal with them directly, although future correspondence has gone on deaf ears with no response to further emails. I have even sent emails from a seperate email address thinking it may have been my isp to no avail. It has become all too hard may be they don't need the business?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Mike: Martin is the person who emailed me saying he was very busy and 'digging himself out'. This was Jan 3rd and haven't heard from him since, even with subsequent inquiries.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike: Martin is the person who emailed me saying he was very busy and 'digging himself out'. This was Jan 3rd and haven't heard from him since, even with subsequent inquiries.

fair enough.

i don't want to 'sell' you on Equi=tech at all. they are not set up to deal directly with customers, but for us audiophiles that is the way it goes. they have dealers for their 'small box' conditioners, but otherwise are really directed at the contractor marketplace.

i have Martin's cell phone as well as a contact phone number for Eric. Martin lives in the California, Eric is at the manufacturing facility in Oregon.

PM me and i'm happy to give those phone numbers.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I didn't have a problem either. I had mine built in a couple of weeks and sitting in my garage.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I suggest you go through a dealer; call Goodwin's

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I suggest you go through a dealer; call Goodwin's

They were the dealer I mentioned.

In any case, thanks to Mike I've now made progress. They have my credit card details and order is supposedly in.

Really looking forward to it.

Thanks to all who replied.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Good to hear MacFloyd. :)

Tom

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
They were the dealer I mentioned.

In any case, thanks to Mike I've now made progress. They have my credit card details and order is supposedly in.

Really looking forward to it.

Thanks to all who replied.

Excellent news! please keep us posted (ideally with pics) on how the installation goes!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing