Synergistic Research Tesla AC power cords and Powercell

David

Aug 11, 2012
Hi everybody,

does someone have experience with SR active AC power cords ?
have you compare with other good AC cables ?
which SR models do you recommend ?

Do you have experience too with SR PowerCell 10SE ?
which positive things for the sound ?
it is an important upgrade for sound ? (because the price is quite important)
possible to connect all the system (power amplifiers too) ? or better with just pre / CD transport / DAC ?

I've just tried a Gigawatt and a Shunyata conditionner ; but it was not very good for me because it was curiously more noisly with these 2 models than without ...
nota : I have high sensitivity speakers
Do you know if SR Powercell 10SE is quite dead - noise ?

Thanks

Tubedoctor

Dec 12, 2012
I listened to a total Synergistic Research Tesla system with SR active AC power cords, the 10 Se power cell and signal cables and find them very good and would also prefer it by memory to a total Gigawatt or Shunyata solution. By "memory" because i compared them with a time difference of weeks and not directly to each other and because the differences were noticable but not extremly huge i cannot say it for sure. I had no noise problems with each system.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Hi everybody,

does someone have experience with SR active AC power cords ?
have you compare with other good AC cables ?
which SR models do you recommend ?

Do you have experience too with SR PowerCell 10SE ?
which positive things for the sound ?
it is an important upgrade for sound ? (because the price is quite important)
possible to connect all the system (power amplifiers too) ? or better with just pre / CD transport / DAC ?

I've just tried a Gigawatt and a Shunyata conditionner ; but it was not very good for me because it was curiously more noisly with these 2 models than without ...
nota : I have high sensitivity speakers
Do you know if SR Powercell 10SE is quite dead - noise ?

Thanks

I have not tried the conditioner, but had a few of the synergistic research cables. I am not overwhelmed and much prefer the Shunyata line. If you're in the market for powerconditioning, in my opinion you have to hear the PS Audio P5 / P10.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing