Anyone has experience of the SRA Ohio platform for a Lamm 1.2 reference amplifier?

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Hi all, just wondering if any of you has experience or can comment on the effects of an SRA Ohio platform for the Lamm amplifiers? Any alternatives I should consider?

Thanks!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
IIRC SRA in CES '08 prior to and after that he has been using Critical Mass Systems. I use PXK Black Platinums under my ML1.1, M1.2 Reference and M2.2s. I sell them too but only in the Philippines. :D

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
IIRC SRA in CES '08 prior to and after that he has been using Critical Mass Systems. I use PXK Black Platinums under my ML1.1, M1.2 Reference and M2.2s. I sell them too but only in the Philippines. :D

Hi Jack, sorry but I don't exactly understand your phrase about 'prior to and after...' and what do you mean by Critical Mass Systems? thanks!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Vladimir has been displaying his gear with racks and platforms made by Critical Mass Systems Inc. since something like 2005 that's the "prior". At CES '08 he went to show with SRA in one room (the bigger one featuring Steve's ML3 amps) but had CMS in another (1.2 Reference w/ Gershman Black Swans). The ML3 was officially launched with SRA amp stands designed specifically for them. It was a co-branding type of thing I think. At CES '07 he only had one channel ready for play so it was more of a preview. After CES '08 he resumed using CMS platforms at RMAF '08 and continues to go to show with CMS. That's the "since".

He's used CMS Maxxums in the last two CES'.

Here's me and Vladimir with my dream amps on SRA's in '08

erratum: I use PXK Black Diamonds under the amps and not Black Platinums. The Platinums are under my other components.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing