Jeff Rowland Continuum Series 2 Integrated Amplifier

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
While I truly loved what I heard from Continuum S2 at RMAF, I admit that I have been until now a die-hard lover of separates, and of monoblocks to boot. Since 2013, my Rowland M925 monoblocks have been making fantastic music without a glitch. For the last few years, I have been feeding Them directly from a Rowland Aeris DAC, this augmented by the Rowland PSU ultra-capacitor-based external power supply. Yet, I have been wondering for some time if my audio nirvana could ever be uber-nirvanized, as the technology of audio reproduction has continued to evolve.

In particular, since Rowland released its statement integrated amplifier in the form of Daemon, I have been wanting to discover if an all-in-one solution sporting DAC, linestage, and 1500W of amplification could equal, or at least get close to my trio of separates.

Eventually, a Daemon review unit was delivered last February 28th. I Started break-in the following day, and have been scribbling my listening notes since… The writing project is ongoing, and will continue for at least several months, until the device has stabilized, and I have exercised several of its many input and output features.

The single-box has been musical Since its first power-up, great since it crossed the 150 hours break-in mark, and just about astonishing at 500 hours… And this is just half-way into the break-in process.

Join my adventure around Daemon’s freshly-minted watering-hole on WhatsBestForum:

https://whatsbestforum.com/threads/...-a-statement-superintegrated-amplifier.30327/

And, feel free to PM me with any questions.

Regards, Guido

Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing