Jazz the Jacques Loussier Trio Way

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Jacques Loussier is a classical pianist that love's Bach, he formed a jazz trio and plays classical music with a jazz touch, he as 15 albums on the Telarc label and more older one's on Decca ( sound quality not as good )

Loussier Jacques     Bach's Goldberg Variations.jpg Loussier Jacques     Baroque Favorites.jpg Loussier Jacques     Handel Water Music.jpg

Loussier Jacques     Mozart Piano Concertos 20 23.jpg Loussier Jacques     Plays Bach.jpg

Last edited:

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Next five

Loussier Jacques     Plays Bach Encore.jpg Loussier Jacques     Plays Debussy.jpg Loussier Jacques     Ravel's Bolero.jpg

Loussier Jacques     Satie.jpg Loussier Jacques     The Bach Book.jpg

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Last five of a total of 15

Loussier Jacques     The Best Of Play Bach.jpg Loussier Jacques     The Brandenburgs.jpg Loussier Jacques     Theme & Variations.jpg

Loussier Jacques     Vivaldi The Four Seasons.jpg Loussier Jacques Plays Bach 50th.jpg

Soundproof

Jan 13, 2012
Oslo, Norway
I'm a dedicated fan of Loussier's work with the trios he has formed. There's a DVD worth getting, excellent sound and fun to watch the dedication of the musicians as they work the pieces.
http://www.amazon.com/Jacques-Loussier-Trio-Play-Bach/dp/B0007X9T98

I'd also like to recommend the live concert in Paris. Very good recording for its time, some of the early Decca vinyl has noticeable surface noise, test play to find a quiet one. I'm a collector of live recordings and this one ranks high.

Jacques-Loussier-Play-Bach-Aux-Cha-507421.jpg

The Satie Gnossienne nr. 5 is excellent to evaluate how good your system is at resolving the sound of the large drum, btw. I've used that as reference when evaluating whether drums are congested or real in playback. The drumwork of Christian Garros is sublime, but so is that of André Arpino who picked up the sticks when Loussier reformed his trio.

Loussier is renowned for his musicality and acute pitch, and has contributed significantly to many famous bands and artists, who would travel to his recording studio to lay down tracks.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I'm a dedicated fan of Loussier's work with the trios he has formed. There's a DVD worth getting, excellent sound and fun to watch the dedication of the musicians as they work the pieces.

I'd also like to recommend the live concert in Paris. Very good recording for its time, some of the early Decca vinyl has noticeable surface noise, test play to find a quiet one. I'm a collector of live recordings and this one ranks high.

View attachment 7758

The Satie Gnossienne nr. 5 is excellent to evaluate how good your system is at resolving the sound of the large drum, btw. I've used that as reference when evaluating whether drums are congested or real in playback. The drumwork of Christian Garros is sublime, but so is that of André Arpino who picked up the sticks when Loussier reformed his trio.

Loussier is renowned for his musicality and acute pitch, and has contributed significantly to many famous bands and artists, who would travel to his recording studio to lay down tracks.

Thanks, just picked up a copy. Always on the lookout for good MCH stuff (I presume it is MCH), either with our without video.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada

View attachment 7758

As a pro cd only user i would recommend this one as the best sounding Telarc album of Jacques Loussier Trio.

Loussier Jacques     Plays Bach.jpg

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I agree, they have many fine recordings.

Soundproof

Jan 13, 2012
Oslo, Norway
Thanks, just picked up a copy. Always on the lookout for good MCH stuff (I presume it is MCH), either with our without video.

5.1 DD and DTS tracks - enjoy! Arpino has the softest of soft touches on the cymbals, and uses them continuously - both here and in other work he has done with Loussier, an homage to how Garros decided that drums could do Bach and other classical composers. Both are able to make the drums sing - it's quite astonishing, and comes through very well on the DVD.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
5.1 DD and DTS tracks - enjoy! Arpino has the softest of soft touches on the cymbals, and uses them continuously - both here and in other work he has done with Loussier, an homage to how Garros decided that drums could do Bach and other classical composers. Both are able to make the drums sing - it's quite astonishing, and comes through very well on the DVD.

Call me a heretic, but while the difference between video and BR is night and day, a can easily live with a well recorded "legacy" DTS track. Dolby True HD or DTS-HD is just icing on the cake.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
What is a "pro cd user?"

I have been using cd,s only since 1983, just could not listend to surface noise on vinyl, some can i can't.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have been using cd,s only since 1983, just could not listend to surface noise on vinyl, some can i can't.

So if anyone only listens to CDs as their source material, that qualifies them to be a "pro CD user?"

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
So if anyone only listens to CDs as their source material, that qualifies them to be a "pro CD user?"

I tought that everyone in audio new the terms pro vinyl & pro cd, it is a well known term nothing special it only means that you are more for vinyl or more for cd,s.

Soundproof

Jan 13, 2012
Oslo, Norway
If one wants the Loussier Trio with an additional two pianos ... here's your chance!

1639460.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing