Favourite "SIMPLE" sandwich!

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
The best part of culinary cuisine can be parts, not meat...some of the time.

I do get that Christian but chitlin's & Rocky Mountain oysters between 2 slices of mayo'd bread is not for me.

Maxim23

Oct 30, 2013
A simple sandwich is something that you have in the kitchen and can put together in a matter of a minute or two. No fancy equipment is required (like Pannini presses e.g.), but a toaster is allowed.

One of my faves is a simple Tomato sandwich with mayo, pepper and salt on two slices of bread. Not toasted, but the bread has to be fresh. If it's not, then I'll toast it, but I prefer not to. I started buying vine-ripened tomatoes many years ago and find they are great for sandwiches and salads.

What is your favourite simple sandwich?

John

i make with some cream cheese, ham, onions and salad leaves

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Did you say "simple?" Thick-sliced fried bologna on white bread with yellow mustard. Redneck feast.

Tim

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Time for a great sandwich; like right now. :b

* It won't be a 'simple' one though; it is going to be a very complex/dedicated super supper sandwich,
with baked potatoe and sour cream on the side, plus Spanish olives stuffed with tomatoes.

Wanna see a pic? ...Pickle.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Oh...and leftover meatloaf on whole wheat with ketchup and dill pickles.

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Oh...and leftover meatloaf on whole wheat with ketchup and dill pickles.

Tim

I'll pass on the Redneck Bologna special, but this one I can go for....and do!:)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
sort of a sandwich, take a slice of white bread, take some chocolate and grate over the white bread

its sort of a european thing i learned in holland i think.

Haha! Yes you did! I was raised on these! I still make them from time to time, but it has to be Dutch chocolate. I'm due for another trip to The Dutch Store near my house. :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
drain tuna of your choicer
place in bowl
flake with fork
dice onion
mix onion salt peppers iand mayo
place on toasted bread of your choice with sliced tomato
with vlassic kosher dill pickle spears
beer of your choice in frosted mug

Last edited:

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I thought I was the only one who fried Bologna!
Nope. Works well with home made baked beans or fried eggs in the morn. A completely diff prod when fried IMHO.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hmm...I'll have to give that fried bologna thing a shot. I am not a fan of Bologna however. Does it taste much different when fried?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
drain tuna of your choicer
place in bowl
flake with fork
dice onion
mix onion salt peppers iand mayo
place on toasted bread of your choice with sliced tomato
with vlassic kosher dill pickle spears
beer of your choice in frosted mug

I like that as well. Works good with canned Salmon also.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Hmm...I'll have to give that fried bologna thing a shot. I am not a fan of Bologna however. Does it taste much different when fried?
Simple analogy is a hot dog out of the pack or deli vs grilled.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I think it becomes very different. But you may not still like it. So just try one slice and see what happens :).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing