Axpona 2013 in Chicago

prerich

May 21, 2012
The good news is that the weather is suppose to be quite nice for Chicago in March. Looks like 40's and 50's! Being in New York, I'll take that anytime as its not getting out of the 30's here.

I hopw to be able to meet up with some of those I have not yet met from this forum. Be sure to stop by room 926 and say hi!!

Axpona in New Orleans would be great for me. My daughter and grandson line not too far from there and I would be able to see them as well.
Hey, be prepaired....From the Weather Channel - Winter Storm Saturn is coming through Chitown (exiting Thursday Morning). There will be 8 to 12 inches of snow on the ground in Chitown. Mike Slidel is in Chicago reporting as I speak! :eek:

prerich

May 21, 2012
5 day Chicago forcast....Snow today, tomorrow and Thursday. Partly Cloudy Friday high 37, low 21, Cloudy Satruday High 45, low 27, Snow Sunday High 39, low 27. Snow turning to Rain Monday High 48, Low 27.

Axpona participants and visitors please plan accordingly. When I went to the one in J'ville, I had my weather plan out (because I didn't want to drive in severe thunderstorms). We had a little rain on Sunday but that was it, but I started watching the weather 10 days out. Dress accordingly - be safe, and have a wonderful time! :cool::)

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
I will be there for 3 nights at the Embassy Suites also, coming in on Thursday morning. Going to a demo at Audio Solutions of Magnepan 20.7's, Amphion, and Wilson Maxx3's. Anyone wishing to get together just PM for my cell #. I am supposed to meeting several members from the Audio Circle also.

Troy

prerich

May 21, 2012
I will be there for 3 nights at the Embassy Suites also, coming in on Thursday morning. Going to a demo at Audio Solutions of Magnepan 20.7's, Amphion, and Wilson Maxx3's. Anyone wishing to get together just PM for my cell #. I am supposed to meeting several members from the Audio Circle also.

Troy
I'd like to hear a report on the Amphion speakers :) - I've heard a lot of good things about this brand.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011

Troy

Just so you don't get lost, I think you're looking for Audio Consultants not Audio Solutions

prerich

May 21, 2012

prerich

May 21, 2012
We're also showing there - although I won't be. Please come by and visit in Suite 819. :)
I wish I could have been there. Just a bit too cold and too far. :(

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
They were playing some cool music on the Genesis speakers, which were correctly sized for the room. One of my buddies hurried us out due to time constraints.

Glad you heard them Tom. I heard from my guys that by the time the show had started, the beds and furniture was still in the room and they still couldn't set up.

No jazzy ladies singing :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing