Axpona 2013 in Chicago

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
www.purityaudiodesign.com
With Axpona only a few weeks away, I thought it would be a good idea to get a thread going to see who will be attending, both consumers and industry participants.

Purity Audio Design will be there again this year with the debut of the new Series 2 Statement linestage and hopefuly the new SEP300B Ultra amplifiers. These mono blocs are 18 watts of parallel single ended bliss with a new output transformer design that is the first of its kind in the induustry. Speakers in this room will be by Daedalus Audio. Another possible attendee may be the new Series 2 Reference linestage on static display.
Ultra-2-250.jpg

Statement-tenderfeet.jpg

Basis-Two-200-Crop.jpg

Also being showcased will be an original, custom Ultra GT Silver linestage. This, now $53,000 linestage, will be used in the Von Schweikert Audio room where Albert Von Schweikert will be debuting his new $145,000 VR100XS 4 piece speaker system!

Hopefully you will stop in and say hi!

http://www.purityaudiodesign.com

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
If I can get some time away from work and the weather holds out, I will be attending. Do you have any idea of what room number you'll be in yet?

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
I will get all the room numbers together but the rooms are as follows:

Purity Audio Design - Silver Statement Series 2 - PSE300B Ultra mono blocs - Daedalus speakers
Von Schweikert Audio - as mentioned above with Ultra GT Silver
King Sound Loudspeakers - Purity Reference Series 2 - Bob Carver Black Beauty mono blocs (the Reference wil obviously no longer be on static display in our room as it is now going to King Sound)

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
I'll be setting up a fun little system in room 938 (adjacent to MBL's rooms) with both 2ch and multi-channel demos. Being local, anyone looking for suggestions or other input while in town don't hesitate to ask.

Please swing by and introduce yourself.

prerich

May 21, 2012
I'll come back if they bring it to the South again. Atlanta, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Tampa, Miami...anywhere in the South. I cringe at Chitown in March.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
I'll come back if they bring it to the South again. Atlanta, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Tampa, Miami...anywhere in the South. I cringe at Chitown in March.

I know what you mean, seeing as how I live in Wisconsin. I just ordered my 3 day pass and made my accomodations at the Double Tree yesterday. I'm praying for good weather. We are having freezing rain right now. Otherwise it's been snowing every other day here:(

Anyhow for people that want to go, make your reservations soon as availabiltiy at the show hotel is vanishing quickly. They do have overflow across the street at the Embassy Suites available yet. It should be a great time and it would be fun to meet fellow forum members too!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
How did you get in the Double Tree yesterday? They have been supposedly sold out for awhile.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
How did you get in the Double Tree yesterday? They have been supposedly sold out for awhile.

There are rooms available, just not at show rates. 'Course you can book at non-show rates and hope a show rate room opens up.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
I was on the AXPONA site and saw that it said the Double Tree was sold out but they had arranged overflow for the Embassy across the street. I googled for other hotels in that vicinity and was going to call each directly to check rates and availability. Right at the last minute I thought I'd first call the Double Tree directly to see what they had to say. They asked if I was attending any groups or conventions and I said that I would be attending the audio show being held there. She asked if I knew if they had a block of rooms set aside. I said that I believe that they do but I said that I was not an exhibiter, but was coming to solely attend the show. She said that at the moment they had very limited availability left and gave me a rate of $109 for both Fri and Sat night. I took it of course right away. So I didn't book through the AXPONA site, but rather directly to the Hotel location in Rosemont.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Amazing. When I called they said there were no rooms left.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
Maybe I got lucky and someone had cancelled their reservation prior to my call. However, she did give me a choice of either a king bed room or two doubles. So there must have been at least two rooms available yesterday when I called. Are you calling the hotel in Rosemont directly or just the 800 reservation number?

Another idea would be to book at the Embassy across the street (which would still be nice) and then periodically call the DoubleTree to see if they can get you in due to a cancellation. If they can, simply cancel the Embassy reservation then. Make sure to check on their cancellation policies first.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
And with good reason. The show should be here in summer, not the end of winter. Bad timing for sure. But I might try to make it down Friday.

That's just about the dumbest thing that I've read!

Do you know, even have an inkling, of why the Summer CES Show was discontinued? No manufacturer wanted a show before the slow season eg. summer. What the industry actually preferred back then was a show in the early fall before their busiest time of the year.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Maybe I got lucky and someone had cancelled their reservation prior to my call. However, she did give me a choice of either a king bed room or two doubles. So there must have been at least two rooms available yesterday when I called. Are you calling the hotel in Rosemont directly or just the 800 reservation number?

Another idea would be to book at the Embassy across the street (which would still be nice) and then periodically call the DoubleTree to see if they can get you in due to a cancellation. If they can, simply cancel the Embassy reservation then. Make sure to check on their cancellation policies first.

I'm in the Embassy Suites now which is supposed to be right next door.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
That's great mep! I'm glad that you're coming! If I remember correctly from looking at the Embassy's website, you may actually receive free cocktails in the evening as well as a cooked to order breakfast in the mornings all included in your room fee. I don't think we are getting that at the DoubleTree.

I hope there will be others from the forum coming as well. It would be kind of neat to be able to meet other fellow forum members to be able to put a face with the name, etc.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Embassy Suites does liquor you up for free every night for 2 hours. They also have a made to order breakfast every day as well so you are correct.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
Embassy Suites does liquor you up for free every night for 2 hours. They also have a made to order breakfast every day as well so you are correct.

That sure does sound nice! Now, I'm almost thinking I may have screwed up and taken the Embassy over the DblTree.:confused:

Purity Audio Design 1

Oct 28, 2010
Endicott, NY
The good news is that the weather is suppose to be quite nice for Chicago in March. Looks like 40's and 50's! Being in New York, I'll take that anytime as its not getting out of the 30's here.

I hopw to be able to meet up with some of those I have not yet met from this forum. Be sure to stop by room 926 and say hi!!

Axpona in New Orleans would be great for me. My daughter and grandson line not too far from there and I would be able to see them as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing