Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 32 ohm Limited Edition headphone review

dalethorn

Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com
Here's a spot of good news for those who took the 32 ohm and portable music player notion seriously. I was initially very disappointed by the DT770-32LE's performance (i.e. sound) with iPod and iPhone, since the bass was too boomy and highs too crispy. Using Foobar2000 on the computer with the Audioengine D1 mini-DAC and a 4 db treble reduction centered at 7 khz, the sound there was ideal. Now I find that the Apple i-device 'Piano' EQ setting matches the desktop signature very closely, and that setting carries through to the usual analog headphone amps. Looking at the shape of that EQ setting in desktop iTunes, I can't imagine how it works the way it does with the DT770-32LE and iPods, but I do know that the actual sound of certain named settings in desktop iTunes doesn't even come close to the sound of the same named settings on the i-devices. So while the 'Piano' EQ setting on desktop iTunes is irrelevant here, that setting on iPod or iPhone does the trick.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing