Graham Phantom Elite

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Any Supreme II owners upgrading? :)

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I have of video of the arm with Bob talking about it. I'll edit and post it in the first round of videos. I also have video of that $35,000 arm in Gary's rooms with a video of the designer telling all.

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
There isn't a supreme 2 from my understanding and yes, when the elite becomes available, I am getting one.

Ah I meant Phantom II

thazeldean

Mar 1, 2013
Is there a huge difference between phantom 2 and supreme?

I had my arm upgraded from the II to the Supreme. The new alignment gauge finally arrived this week and I checked the cartridge alignment. The upgrade is significant especially once the cartridge is setup correctly. Alot more bass. Fantastic midrange and liquid highs.

stargate

Apr 27, 2011
yardley, pa.
Is the elite better then the Phantom ll---if one had the nordosts odin cable installed in the Phantom ll- well you wouldn't say it was or could get better with the installation of an elite tonearm which uses the same Odin cabling in it's housing. so we set out to find out the differences--and in the end this is what my friend wrote to Bob Graham-
Hi Bob,

I was at Bobby's today as he swapped his Phantom Supreme with the Phantom Elite. Although I understand that his Supreme had already been upgraded with Nordost Odin wiring and although he kept the same arm wand, the difference was simply amazing. The ambience retrieval, the differentiation of instrumental timbres and the overall transparency of the presentation jumped to a completely different level. I do not know what else has been changed in the Elite besides the wiring, but whatever improvements you did to the arm are easily audible. I just wanted to let you know that I am really impressed!

My friend does not own a TT --but after the end of the day- he had no choice..none-yes he has the best digital I ever heard- playing out with the Vandersteens 7 with audio research 250 with emm dsd downloads and yet he had no choice..

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I do not know what else has been changed in the Elite besides the wiring, but whatever improvements you did to the arm are easily audible. I just wanted to let you know that I am really impressed!

I believe the inverted pivot bearing on the elite is more precision machined than that of the Supreme. In the TechDas thread I beieve Bob eluded to that fact.

dmnc02

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2012
PA, USA
Is the elite better then the Phantom ll---if one had the nordosts odin cable installed in the Phantom ll- well you wouldn't say it was or could get better with the installation of an elite tonearm which uses the same Odin cabling in it's housing. so we set out to find out the differences--and in the end this is what my friend wrote to Bob Graham-
Hi Bob,

I was at Bobby's today as he swapped his Phantom Supreme with the Phantom Elite. Although I understand that his Supreme had already been upgraded with Nordost Odin wiring and although he kept the same arm wand, the difference was simply amazing. The ambience retrieval, the differentiation of instrumental timbres and the overall transparency of the presentation jumped to a completely different level. I do not know what else has been changed in the Elite besides the wiring, but whatever improvements you did to the arm are easily audible. I just wanted to let you know that I am really impressed!

My friend does not own a TT --but after the end of the day- he had no choice..none-yes he has the best digital I ever heard- playing out with the Vandersteens 7 with audio research 250 with emm dsd downloads and yet he had no choice..

I did not expect what I wrote to Bob Graham to end up on this forum, but the difference was indeed striking. BTW, Bobby (stargate) is a friend and the owner of the TechDas Air Force One in the video posted on AV Showrooms. And as he says, after being exposed to the AF1 in his system, I had no choice but to order one. My AF1 should be shipping soon from Japan.:D

dmnc02

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2012
PA, USA
Congrats ! The suspense of the wait must be gripping ;)

Thank you. The wait was fine for the first few weeks, but now that we are getting close I can think of little else.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congrats too! My AF1 is shipping out next week. :D

I was told I'll have to wait quite a while for my Elite so I'll have to make do with one of my Phantoms in the meantime.

dmnc02

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2012
PA, USA
Congrats too! My AF1 is shipping out next week. :D

I was told I'll have to wait quite a while for my Elite so I'll have to make do with one of my Phantoms in the meantime.

And congrats to you, Jack! I am also hoping mine will ship next week, although I have not received a confirmation yet. Our tables are probably in the same production batch. Like you, I have been told that I might have to wait a bit for the Elite, but Bob Graham has offered a Supreme to get me going.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You lucky guy you!

thazeldean

Mar 1, 2013
I concur with the others, you are one lucky guy. Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade from the Supreme to the Elite. On the website it quotes $9,600 for the Elite an extra $3,600. Does anyone know the upgrade cost as this seems alot.
Tony

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I don't think you can upgrade from a Supreme to an Elite. You might be able to trade a Supreme in for one depending on your dealer.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Finalized (and formalized) my order for an Elite with 2 extra L wands last night. Ordered a CA GF Supreme since they are from the same dealer. Carts on the three wands will be the GF, Atlas and XV-1t.

Now we wait.........................

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing