Xs preamp

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Congratulations. That is a fine system you have pulled together. The all Pass XS synergy should serve you for a long time.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just ordered an XS Preamp today. Should be here by Friday. I was able to trade in both my XP-30 and XP-25. It is a lightly used demo and comes with a full new 3 year warranty. I am excited I finally made a preamp decision ! Now the system is done from a component standpoint anyway...LOL

Congrats!!! Very exciting. As for being done 'from a component standpoint anyway'...does that mean you are contemplating something on the speaker front? XLF? WAMM?

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I wonder if it's the one I auditioned. If so, I broke it in for you, Christian. :)

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Just ordered an XS Preamp today. Should be here by Friday. I was able to trade in both my XP-30 and XP-25. It is a lightly used demo and comes with a full new 3 year warranty. I am excited I finally made a preamp decision ! Now the system is done from a component standpoint anyway...LOL

Congrats Christian! You have some world class components. I never worried about buying demo Pass gear because of the in-home trial period plus it's built like a tank!

Ken

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Just installed the XS Pre. It's been plugged in for an hour and the XP30 is going back in the box. No need for a/b repeated comparisons. Initial impressions:
Music has more body, frequency extremes more extended, articulate and refined. I can't wait for it to settle in after a couple days...

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Just installed the XS Pre. It's been plugged in for an hour and the XP30 is going back in the box. No need for a/b repeated comparisons. Initial impressions:
Music has more body, frequency extremes more extended, articulate and refined. I can't wait for it to settle in after a couple days...

Wow, well good for you! While I thought it might work better in your system than mine (mostly due to the fact that both your speakers and the XP-30 have a bit of mid bass hump), I'm surprised to hear that you find it has more body than the XP-30. I think most people would say that is more neutral. And yes, it is more extended.

But hey, the main thing is that you like it - congrats!

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
Are the umbilical cord terminals at both ends identical?

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
Did tried running the umbilical cord different direction to check which is better?

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
Cables carrying power supply ARE directional

Congratulations Rockitman on your new Pass Labs XS preamplifier, the Pass XS preamplifier layout and design are incredible.

Last edited:
Pass Labs XS Preamplifier

Cables carrying power supply ARE directional

I have not detected any sound differences in changing our Reference Pass Labs XS preamplifier power supply cords in different directions.
I hope our power supply company ran the 50 miles of power line in the right direction to our music studio.
;)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing