Upcoming CES: Anything exciting or just another Yenta-fest for insiders and elites?

I'm not positive but I heard the same thing eg. MD acquired BAT. Also Lars left Nordost to work with his speaker company Raidho.

I didnt see your room Gary, I was looking forward to listen

If you're serious and spend at least the time to listen to multiple songs in each room so that you can get a better idea than just listening to a fragment of one song, you won't have the time to go to every room you want to visit.

Hopefully, you get to my room at the next show..... but I really don't know if we can top the sound in this one, or even match it.

Were these new Teo cables? I thought Brian used your cables last year too.

The RCA interconnects used between CD player and preamp were a new, substantial upgrade from the previous ParaHelios (Reference), which you had heard in your system.

I also brought home the prototype of the new Teo Audio passive preamp that was used in the Clarity Cables system and have a production unit on order which will be even better.

Sound Lab/Atma-sphere (new transformer really transformed these monsters; can be driven by more modest amps and didn't have that "typical" SL dark, sluggish and boring sound.) Congratulations, Ralph!
Actually the congratulations go to Roger West of Sound Lab, who spent most of this past year researching and perfecting the new toroidal transformer used in the speaker backplates. But yes, Ralph's electronics surely facilitated the great sound we had.

The RCA interconnects used between CD player and preamp were a new, substantial upgrade from the previous ParaHelios (Reference), which you had heard in your system.

I also brought home the prototype of the new Teo Audio passive preamp that was used in the Clarity Cables system and have a production unit on order which will be even better.

To clarify, the preamp is internally connected with liquid metal "wiring".

Are there any reports/ highlights from WBF members?
We audiophiles "down under" can only drool with envy at shows like this and reports from the good folk on WBF help us feel a tiny bit of what it's like to be there

Could you please elaborate just a little on that, thank you. :b

Teo audio cables are internally connected with a room temperature liquid metal alloy/eutectic.

Electromagnetic propagation occurs in 99% of the universe, via two different types of 'wave'. Transverse and Longitudinal.

Signal itself, relatively speaking, is of a ionic or plasma nature. electron cloud, it be. Plasma, in some kinds of view.

That 99% or so of the universe is in a plasma form, and does not have just the one type of electromagnetic propagation wave, which is what happens when you try to force 'intelligence' (signal) through a 'frozen/solidus' lattice structure, that we call a 'metal'.

That signal, as an ionic cloud, so to speak, is not natural in function or flow via the medium of transfer that we call metals or wires.

That it requires a medium, one that works for our application, that has the capacity to allow the signal to flow in both transverse and longitudinal wave function. Like signal itself is capable of and desires to be. Where signal and medium are one. Like it is in 99% of the universe - the one where solids are the odd man out.

Thus, the liquid metal alloy medium can handle the message more correctly, in the fundamental sense of correct electromagnetic propagation. A liquid medium for a liquid signal. A liquid being defined as one where the atoms or molecules are separate from one another (eg- water), and not forcing the signal to follow defined paths. (ie the onset and origin of complex distortion)

Where the medium of transfer can be steered into an alignment that is complementary to what signal is. A high mass electrically conductive fundamentally fluid medium. In this case..a conductive liquid metal alloy medium. (This is shown in how the cables sound a bit different as they 'warm up')

The passive preamp is also internally equipped with these 'liquid metal' 'wires'. It's entire "Raison d'être" (reason for existence).

Teo audio cables are internally connected with a room temperature liquid metal alloy/eutectic.

Electromagnetic propagation occurs in 99% of the universe, via two different types of 'wave'. Transverse and Longitudinal.

Signal itself, relatively speaking, is of a ionic or plasma nature. electron cloud, it be. Plasma, in some kinds of view.

That 99% or so of the universe is in a plasma form, and does not have just the one type of electromagnetic propagation wave, which is what happens when you try to force 'intelligence' (signal) through a 'frozen/solidus' lattice structure, that we call a 'metal'.

That signal, as an ionic cloud, so to speak, is not natural in function or flow via the medium of transfer that we call metals or wires.

That it requires a medium, one that works for our application, that has the capacity to allow the signal to flow in both transverse and longitudinal wave function. Like signal itself is capable of and desires to be. Where signal and medium are one. Like it is in 99% of the universe - the one where solids are the odd man out.

Thus, the liquid metal alloy medium can handle the message more correctly, in the fundamental sense of correct electromagnetic propagation. A liquid medium for a liquid signal. A liquid being defined as one where the atoms or molecules are separate from one another (eg- water), and not forcing the signal to follow defined paths. (ie the onset and origin of complex distortion)

Where the medium of transfer can be steered into an alignment that is complementary to what signal is. A high mass electrically conductive fundamentally fluid medium. In this case..a conductive liquid metal alloy medium. (This is shown in how the cables sound a bit different as they 'warm up')

The passive preamp is also internally equipped with these 'liquid metal' 'wires'. It's entire "Raison d'être" (reason for existence).

---- I see.

Thanx for the warm up.

Are there any reports/ highlights from WBF members?
We audiophiles "down under" can only drool with envy at shows like this and reports from the good folk on WBF help us feel a tiny bit of what it's like to be there
I am waiting to get my on flight home. I post the video section already: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...in-Hall-(Video-and-other-technologies)-Part-1. It will take me considerable amount of work to upload the audio pictures as there are a lot more. Hopefully get get them up by end of the day tomorrow.

Last edited:
We all go to gossip. Thought that was common knowledge :confused:

Myles,

Gossip is a great thing. But networking becomes much more valuable when people step away from their closed-in network, which is nothing more than an echo chamber of ideas, and instead reach out to intellectually diverse groups. By brokering information between the different circles of people/ groups, a lot of value is added to everyone. That's why this site is so awesome, as it brings very diverse people together to share ideas. In the musical world, Elvis is the ultimate broker, as he brought the music of African American musicians to a white audience. That's how rock and roll came about...but he just could have gossiped among those like him...(As you can see, I'm quite passionate about value - adding networking.)

Thank you for the great coverage!

good to know BAT is still in the game, i always liked the BAT sound. do they have new owners? i heard music direct was a suitor.

Yes I was able to confirm that Music Direct acquired Balanced Audio Technology.

Myles,

Gossip is a great thing. But networking becomes much more valuable when people step away from their closed-in network, which is nothing more than an echo chamber of ideas, and instead reach out to intellectually diverse groups. By brokering information between the different circles of people/ groups, a lot of value is added to everyone. That's why this site is so awesome, as it brings very diverse people together to share ideas. In the musical world, Elvis is the ultimate broker, as he brought the music of African American musicians to a white audience. That's how rock and roll came about...but he just could have gossiped among those like him...(As you can see, I'm quite passionate about value - adding networking.)

Thank you for the great coverage!

My problem, is with the kinds of people who rip your fingers off in the middle of a handshake...when they find new information, all while giving nothing in return... and end up selling your fingers to someone else.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing