my 2ch\HT system

MikeDuke

Jul 5, 2010
Eastern PA
Hello every one. Here is my all in one system. I know it's not the best solution but what can you do. I have been building this and slowly upgrading it over time. I am very pleased with how it sounds and looks. Here is a list of my gear:
Preamp Halo C2,
Bryston 4b-ST,
Bryston 5b-ST,
Esoteric DV50S,
JM Labs 1027Be,
JM Labs CC1000be,
Polk RT-3,
Seaton Sound SubMersive1,
Well Tempered Amadeus GTA turntable
Dynavector XX2mkII cartridge
Dynavector DV P-75mkII preamp
Grand Prix Audio Monaco Modular Rack
Transparent Balanced Plus interconnects,
Kubala Sosna interconnect,
Transparent Plus level speaker cable,
Transparent 5.1 SACD cable
QSC-DSP30
HTPS7000,
Panasonic 42G25
Sony PS3
2 GIK Tri-Traps.
2 GIK 242 bass traps
4 GIK 244 bass traps

Attachments

• php3qTbBNAM..jpg
    php3qTbBNAM..jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,652
  • phpe3NkhIAM..jpg
    phpe3NkhIAM..jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,602

MikeDuke

Jul 5, 2010
Eastern PA
My room is only 12.5fx9.5fx8 roughly In my opinon it sounds very good for 2ch. You may not believe it but I am able to get a great center soundstage. The room treatments I put up really helped with that. My next step is to get a new HT preamp but that is turning out to be easier said then done. But, I like it and everyone who has heard it has been impressed. I recently had it calibrated by Jeff Meier and he even said that it was a great sounding room despite it's size.

Last edited:

MikeDuke

Jul 5, 2010
Eastern PA
Here are a few of the sub

In my small room this thing is great. I am so glad that I went this way. It just takes hold of the room and does not let go.

MikeDuke

Jul 5, 2010
Eastern PA
And here is one of my turntable

Music sounds so good when I use it. The instruments are really playing. Not an approximation or representation what they might sound like. Plus the build quality is very good. It sounds so much better than my Esoteric DV50s. I don’t see it going anywhere for a long time.

MikeDuke

Jul 5, 2010
Eastern PA
Thanks Audio. This does seem like a nice place to hang out. I am probably almost done. In component wise, not time wise. I have one want and one need. The need is a new HT preamp that will have the Hidef audio formats and room correction. The want is the DartZeel integrated amp. That will take a while to accomplish. Unless I totally lose my mind, see if my friend wants to by my amp and speakers for his system, and get a full Seaton setup. I am in no hurry though and I know Mark is not going anywhere. Who knows what will happen. It would probably make my room cooler because those Bryston amps get very hot in the summer time. But I want to get the pre first and then I will see what the future brings.

MikeDuke

Jul 5, 2010
Eastern PA
Thanks OB. Yea. It has taken some time but doing research, talking to people like you and seeing other systems like yours has helped me along my way. It was talking to other members on AVS and Mark S that convinced me that I needed to get my old wall unit out of my room and get something more appropriate. I can't remember all of our talks but I know quite a few were helpful.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing