WA-Quantum Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
The fact is, if one cannot question (in a communicative manner) a product or review here (without fielding false allegations) ... what's the point of having a "forum".

tb1

I dont think so this thread started in a communicative manner , it was more like ganging up on Myles . Most assumptions were made with no experience of the product in question . The man's posted a review , there must be some substance to his findings , even if we do not understand the science or logic behind it . It is not like he is endorsing something that would lead to bankruptcy . I have tried the Furutech GTX-D AC Receptacles and HiFi-Tuning Fuse and find the improvements to be consistent with his observations . So give it a try or then hold your peace .

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I dont think so this thread started in a communicative manner , it was more like ganging up on Myles . Most assumptions were made with no experience of the product in question . The man's posted a review , there must be some substance to his findings , even if we do not understand the science or logic behind it . It is not like he is endorsing something that would lead to bankruptcy . I have tried the Furutech GTX-D AC Receptacles and HiFi-Tuning Fuse and find the improvements to be consistent with his observations . So give it a try or then hold your peace .

You make a good point.

Odyno

Dec 27, 2011
Near Montreal Canada
Let's get back to the WA-Quantum Chips.
Those who want to share experiences please do, those who never you have the Right to Remain Silent ...;);)

TBone

Nov 15, 2012

This is what I meant when I said a "typical" audiophile / reviewer response.

I didn't gang up on Myles, I questioned the review in accordance to it's negative perception of the hobby, he deflected, then responded with false allegations which I quickly dismissed.

Please don't throw the

"Buy/try 'em, or hold your peace"

... audiophile "clause" at me, in these cases, it comes across as solicitation.

It reenforces my contention that these silly devices hurt the perception (and credibility) of our hobby (& also Quantum Physics).

If you believe buying such devices is a requirement in order to prove them not as advertised, then go ahead, you part with your hard earned cash. They won't entangle me from my money. Is it also a requirement that I purchase Maggic Pebbles, Clever little clocks, Super Intelligent chips, Teleportation Tweaks, simply in order to justify they're not BS?

Please ... my audio knowledge and sensibilities prohibit ...

If these "quantum-chips" work (????) it's certainly not happening on a "quantum" level. Anyone with even a basic understanding of physics knows better. The review includes little in actual "science" or "substance", only excuses for not providing such. Instead, Audiophiles are asked to believe otherwise, that the burden of proof somehow lays on our shoulders, not the company in question.

Give me a break!

Myles allied himself with these devices, that's his choice, not mine.

tb1

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I tried one. It created a miniature black hole that swallowed up my system. Thanks a lot, WA-Quantum Chips!

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I tried one. It created a miniature black hole that swallowed up my system. Thanks a lot, WA-Quantum Chips!

If you go thru that black hole ... you might end up here "in a crappy apartment in a shitty residential area right alongside a 6-lane highway (the capitol beltway) in Northern Virginia." ... Machina Dynamica's corporate headquarters.

Good luck with that "reality".

tb1

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
Just got 4 of these stickers for the fuses (1 x 5mm and 3 x 6mm). I listened to something that gives me a decent baseline for comparison (that MA freebie download) and then placed them on the body of each HiFi Tuning Supreme fuse for a repeat listen. Not gonna say it was some cathartic experience but the bass seems tighter and more pronounced. I thought I had the sub on but checked and it wasn`t. Mind you, the sub produces way more noticeable bass but still the full range had me thinking otherwise.

Would I recommend it to everyone...hmm, sure, since it's not that expensive. Not sure everyone will hear a difference but now that I have them on, I'm not regretting the purchase.

Cheers,
-H

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Would I recommend it to everyone...hmm, sure, since it's not that expensive. Not sure everyone will hear a difference but now that I have them on, I'm not regretting the purchase.

Cheers,
-H

+1

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Would I recommend it to everyone...hmm, sure, since it's not that expensive.

Again, to me. "inexpensive" doesn't, by default, justify expenditure.

$5 here, $5 there, hell, if you want the full "quantum-effect" it will eventually add up ... and from the outside looking in ... your "but the bass seems tighter and more pronounced" ... "seems" ... well ... questionable.

tb1

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
I totally don't get why you NEED to discredit this. It's not a "$5 here and $5 there trial-and-error until one gets it right" scenario. I'm just offering my experience where I wanted to try it since it's only a few bucks AND I felt I noticed an improvement. So I'm just sharing what I happened to have experienced. Yet you need to come back and say it doesn't work or it shouldn't work or that "quantum-effect" is marketing BS. Do you enjoy getting on a soapbox to hear yourself??? You're saying people who liked it are providing "questionable" opinions? ...because I have nothing better to do then to randomly post BS all over Internet forums to con others into false purchases? I see.

Well, TB, save your $ and don't buy these...I'm sure you won't. BTW, don't buy a Starbucks or any name brand item since the whitebox version will be fine for you. All products should now have marketing truth in all their naming to eliminate hyperbole. Well, I liked fake sticker I stuck on a fuse that will likely burn my house down while listening to 1's and 0's that shouldn't be life-like, all the while, my deteriorating hearing and bias is just only letting me conjure up what I wished it would sound like.

Cheers.

Again, to me. "inexpensive" doesn't, by default, justify expenditure.

$5 here, $5 there, hell, if you want the full "quantum-effect" it will eventually add up ... and from the outside looking in ... your "but the bass seems tighter and more pronounced" ... "seems" ... well ... questionable.

tb1

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I totally don't get why you NEED to discredit this.

Lets see, it's advertised as ...

"influences the efficiency of current flow and signal transmission on a subatomic level in accordance with the principles of quantum physics."

Ironic, that the "principles of quantum physics" would prove this a hoax.

The FACT is you'd need a massive energy source, like a particle accelerator, to effectively influence anything "quantum" beyond a nanometer.

So, are we to believe these "stickers" work in such an impossible fashion and that "Bernd Ahne can't because of a proprietary agreement, divulge any information about these Quantum chips."

The use of the word "Quantum", in this case, is reciting pure bullshit. As I've already stated here; if these "chips" work(?), it's certainly not on a "quantum" level.

Yet, that is what we are led to believe, and spend our money on.

Magic Pebbles anyone?

Well, TB, save your $ and don't buy these...I'm sure you won't.

Does that mean I'm closed minded or does it mean I have sensibilities?

Do you enjoy getting on a soapbox to hear yourself?

Funny, you critique me & my stance here, yet all I did was counter the obvious bs put forth as facts.

Why should that bother you?

tb1

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
Lets see, it's advertised as ...

"influences the efficiency of current flow and signal transmission on a subatomic level in accordance with the principles of quantum physics."

Ironic, that the "principles of quantum physics" would prove this a hoax.

The FACT is you'd need a massive energy source, like a particle accelerator, to effectively influence anything "quantum" beyond a nanometer.

So, are we to believe these "stickers" work in such an impossible fashion and that "Bernd Ahne can't because of a proprietary agreement, divulge any information about these Quantum chips."

The use of the word "Quantum", in this case, is reciting pure bullshit. As I've already stated here; if these "chips" work(?), it's certainly not on a "quantum" level.

Yet, that is what we are led to believe, and spend our money on.

Magic Pebbles anyone?

Ok...I have no beef with your discrediting/questioning the above. I'm no particle physicist so whatever they claim is probably fluff (or truth).

Does that mean I'm closed minded or does it mean I have sensibilities?

Yup...you sure are closed-minded. Since you are refuting any listener-derived sonic improvement based on the claim that what the manufacturer claim cannot work. Why not ignore their marketing and listen first? Too scare to be proven wrong? It's only $7.50 for a chip WITH a 30-day money-back guarantee. Otherwise, you sound just like a forum that I can't stand with their "if it doesn't measure then you're just an audiofool". Nice.

Funny, you critique me & my stance here, yet all I did was counter the obvious bs put forth as facts.

Why should that bother you?

tb1

Simple...this statement below is a personal attack. Turn down your megaphone and maybe you can hear your own diatribe.

n ... your "but the bass seems tighter and more pronounced" ... "seems" ... well ... questionable.

tb1

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Yup...you sure are closed-minded. Since you are refuting any listener-derived sonic improvement based on the claim that what the manufacturer claim cannot work. Why not ignore their marketing and listen first? Too scare to be proven wrong? It's only $7.50 for a chip WITH a 30-day money-back guarantee. Otherwise, you sound just like a forum that I can't stand with their "if it doesn't measure then you're just an audiofool". Nice.

Again, this kind of "shutup until you try em" rubbish which represents a known form of sales solicitation. It design is to simply put more & more money into some charlatans pocket.

Yes, I used the word "charlatan" to describe such devices & owners, because charlatans always market products using false representation. In this case, the use of the word "quantum" is a truly false contention in which SENSIBLE audiophiles are asked to ignore ... or else ... we are "closed minded".

Give me a break!

tb1

Last edited:

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
No one has yet "credited" it!

When someone makes a difficult to believe claim, they first need to present support evidence.

Yeah, somehow they want us to believe that that "rule" only applies to those who question, and doesn't apply to Bernd Ahne OBVIOUS bullshit marketing.

tb1

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Again, this kind of "shutup until you try ''em rubbish" which represents a known form of sales solicitation. It design is to simply put more & more money into some charlatans pocket.

Yes, I used the word "charlatan" to describe such devices & owners, because charlatans always market products using false representation. In this case, the use of the word "quantum" is a truly false contention in which SENSIBLE audiophiles are asked to ignore ... or else ... we are "closed minded".

Give me a break!

tb1

:)

I'll take the "owners" out of the equation. "Victims" seem more appropriate... IMHO.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Charlatans and victims do an odd tango, like parasite and host, but there are often symbiotic elements.

The charlatan spins the appetizing fantasy aka wish fulfillment, with just enough factoid filler to make it "justifiable", and the "victim" pays the money and runs with it, like a linebacker through a defensive line of objectivists.

It's a well known odd phenomenon that "victims" often elect their con artists. If the con artists are squelched, then the "victims" will often shop until they find another charismatic to take their place and rob them. Seems to apply to politics as well.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Charlatans and victims do an odd tango, like parasite and host, but there are often symbiotic elements.

The charlatan spins the appetizing fantasy aka wish fulfillment, with just enough factoid filler to make it "justifiable", and the "victim" pays the money and runs with it, like a linebacker through a defensive line of objectivists.

It's a well known odd phenomenon that "victims" often elect their con artists. If the con artists are squelched, then the "victims" will often shop until they find another charismatic to take their place and rob them. Seems to apply to politics as well.

Well stated ... from the time I entered the hobby, I've noticed that many audiophiles have long wished that some sticker, chip, pebble, do-hickey, hock-us pock-us bullshit ... improves, or magically transforms sound quality. The cheaper it is, the better, and of course, no harm can be done at the price of a hamburger. Charlatans understand this human behavior, and have effectively fleeced many a 'phile from his $5. And that $5 certainly adds up+up+up. Audiophiles are by nature, wishful thinkers, and certainly many are gullible creatures of habit (I'm being nice here).

However, when reviewers get involved, well ...

tb1

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I view their value as art objects. If they have beauty and are capable of re-orienting my perceptions in a way that is interesting, positive or unique, than that may be an actual enhancement, especially since a listening room is an environment. A Shun Mook puck, or whatever it is, may be beautiful and evocative enough to have value as an art piece to some people, since you handle it and see it with every record. I think it is kind of expensive, even for an artistic piece of wood. It would be nice to see a record weight carved from flint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing