WA-Quantum Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odyno

Dec 27, 2011
Near Montreal Canada
What get’s me in most forum is people having an opinion without even experiencing!
That reminds me the cable debate of the early 80’s…

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
We were given the gift of reasonable reasoning so that we did not have to learn everything over and over again by direct participation and comparison. There are not enough hours in the day to explore every bogus claim, rant, hyped super product, poll, religious delusion, bug eyed epistle, swindle, pseudo scientific discourse, schizoid assault etc. etc. There is always one group of human beings attempting to valiantly delude another group of human beings on the basis of belief systems for money.

A simple way to break things down is that if somebody profits, is a member of the commercial trade or one of the reviewing groups, they will likely endorse everything that comes down the pike no matter how absurd or costly, to test the soft underbelly of audiophile superstition for economic gain.

If a testimonial tells me "well, you haven't heard it yet", in order to establish validity of an out of boundaries pseudo scientific claim at the cost of my pocket book or my precious TIME, or to discredit my skepticism to keep the deluded on the hook, then I tend to run for the hills, unless said object has some intrinsic artistic quality apart from the audio claims, in which case I might consider it solely as an art object.

The British guy with the candelabra playing the piano selling desert parcels or underwater real estate on midnite TV comes to mind.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
We were given the gift of reasonable reasoning so that we did not have to learn everything over and over again by direct participation and comparison. There are not enough hours in the day to explore every bogus claim, rant, hyped super product, poll, religious delusion, bug eyed epistle, swindle, pseudo scientific discourse, schizoid assault etc. etc. There is always one group of human beings attempting to valiantly delude another group of human beings on the basis of belief systems for money.

A simple way to break things down is that if somebody profits, is a member of the commercial trade or one of the reviewing groups, they will likely endorse everything that comes down the pike no matter how absurd or costly, to test the soft underbelly of audiophile superstition for economic gain.

If a testimonial tells me "well, you haven't heard it yet", in order to establish validity of an out of boundaries pseudo scientific claim at the cost of my pocket book or my precious TIME, or to discredit my skepticism to keep the deluded on the hook, then I tend to run for the hills, unless said object has some intrinsic artistic quality apart from the audio claims, in which case I might consider it solely as an art object.

The British guy with the candelabra playing the piano selling desert parcels or underwater real estate on midnite TV comes to mind.

+100.

Perfectly stated.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
What get’s me in most forum is people having an opinion without even experiencing!
That reminds me the cable debate of the early 80’s…

I agree and with some of the reasoning seen here, we'd still only have four elements.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I agree and with some of the reasoning seen here, we'd still only have four elements.

Indeed if we were to believe our senses indeed the 4 elements would have been more than sufficient ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Luminary ...

+100.

Perfectly stated.

---- Cjfrbw is one of my very best favorite poster/writer/members here at WBF. I always enjoy reading him, so me too I totally agree with you Andre, on that particular post (quote) just above yours.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The negative perception of our hobby is often based on silly devices & reviews.

tb1

And to me it's closed mindedness and a know-it-all attitude.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Yet another typical & defensive response to a questionable review that's truly lacking in substance.

tb1

That crap may work on audioasylum where you've been warned for such stuff but it don't fly here. Go back to the Whiners Forum errrr.... Critics Corner where that belongs!

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
That crap may work on audioasylum where you've been warned for such stuff but it don't fly here. Go back to the Whiners Forum errrr.... Critics Corner where that belongs!

Myles, I've never been warned for that "stuff" regarding my participation with audio reviewers on AA, never ... so stop assuming or pretending otherwise. Honestly, if you don't like my opinion of your "quantum" review (sigh), look the other way ... dismiss me as you've been prone to do from the moment I arrived ... and/or perhaps you should get a thicker skin.

tb1

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- Are we reviewing members now??? ...From their past life, and all that jazz???

That is so low and out of line! ...Stick with the reviews (criticize all you want), the content.

If you wanna play games with people's personal lives, this ain't the place (exposed or underground).

There, I said it. :b

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
-- Are we reviewing members now??? ...From their past life, and all that jazz???

That is so low and out of line! ...Stick with the reviews (criticize all you want), the content.

If you wanna play games with people's personal lives, this ain't the place (exposed or underground).

There, I said it. :b

???????????????

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Northstar, I have no intent on making this a contentious issue ... but I can safely say that nobody appreciates being consistently misquoted (as Myles has often done) as a defensive mechanism tool.

tb1

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- Hey, I just stumbled here because it is part of the [New Posts] of the day.

Then I read the last twenty posts, to be updated with the context.
Then, without addressing anyone in particular, because I felt that WBF is not (should not) have such out-of-place remarks, decided to express my discontentment, as a responsible individual/adult, and move forward to better horizons.

That's all. ...Nobody in particular was designated. ...Only the 'general' overall ambiance (atmosphere) from what was said inside (the content) of some of the posts.
...Hope there's nothing wrong with that now.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
--Only the 'general' overall ambiance (atmosphere) from what was said inside (the content) of some of the posts.
...Hope there's nothing wrong with that now.

North, you can designate me anytime you wish ... I have nothing to hide and my skin's thick enough.

The fact is, if one cannot question (in a communicative manner) a product or review here (without fielding false allegations) ... what's the point of having a "forum".

tb1

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing