Acura Use Tube Amps as Example of Money Wasted on Luxury

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
I think a Japanese car would have "coaxial drivers" and "gas" in it long before any tube amp I know of.:)

I think the ad was directed towards women buyers, made the male actor look pretty stupid. I can say the same thing about women in some ads directed towards men only.

Does anyone else think this is a gender based ad?

I missed the other thread, thanks for posting this.

Edited for typo......abbreviation

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
George your post has a typo. I think that word is Japanese.

Accura makes $50k 4wd SUV capable of off road performance. It will probably never be driven off road. At $20k less a Chrysler mini van could pick up the kids from soccer practice and bring home the groceries.
Instead of an unnecessary luxury lets call it a guilty pleasure.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
I'm just waiting for conrad-johnson (I believe it is one of their amps pictured in the Acura ad) to make a rebuttal ad, using an Acura as an example of money wasted on luxury! :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I'm just waiting for conrad-johnson (I believe it is one of their amps pictured in the Acura ad) to make a rebuttal ad, using an Acura as an example of money wasted on luxury! :)

now that's funny

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Personally, I'm waiting for the next ad in the series, showing the Lexicon BD-30.:cool:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com

I believe the amp was a Jolida.

Albertporter

Apr 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.albertporterphoto.com
Acura is so far 'under the radar' from a marketing standpoint that the simple fact that we are talking about this makes their ad a winner.

Yep, the hundreds of millions of members at What's Best Forum will push the Acura name into the limelight and make it a must have item. Or maybe not :^).

Anyway Mike, Honda is a much better value, but you know that.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Yep, the hundreds of millions of members at What's Best Forum will push the Acura name into the limelight and make it a must have item. Or maybe not :^).

Anyway Mike, Honda is a much better value, but you know that.

'hundreds of millions'.....right. more like multiple dozens......

Honda's (and Acura's) ad agency tries to make up for with 'edge' what it cannot in 'dollars' compared to Toyota/Lexus. Honda has done some 'off the wall' stuff too; but not targeting 'tube-heads'.

Albertporter

Apr 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.albertporterphoto.com
'hundreds of millions'.....right. more like multiple dozens......

Honda's (and Acura's) ad agency tries to make up for with 'edge' what it cannot in 'dollars' compared to Toyota/Lexus. Honda has done some 'off the wall' stuff too; but not targeting 'tube-heads'.

You missed my point, HONDA better.....nudge, nudge....say no more about Acura

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing