Rhapsody SongMatch: Free Song Matching

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Rhapsody just released a free song matching app for Android. It is called SongMatch. It is designed as a way to entice you to subscribe to Rhapsody music subscription service. But you do not need to do that, and don't need a login either. Download and it is instantly ready for us.

I tried it on a small selection of albums I keep on my laptop. I tested it in a noisy environment and low volume on my laptop. In this situation recognition was probably in 50% range. I turned up the volume and put the phone next to the speaker and recognition improved a lot. I say it is around 70 to 80%. It surprised me by finding some obscure artists but not others. For a free app it provides more than sufficient value. I often hear tracks on TV shows and then go googling try to find the track from the name of the show and such which can be difficult.

Note that it samples a small amount of the song (around 5 seconds). As such, it can miss songs that start quiet or slow. So if it misses, give it another shot.

Here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhapsody.songmatch

Recommended download!

P.S. Sorry, there is no iOS app that I can find. Rhapsody is a competitor to Apple iTunes so perhaps this the reason :).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing